AMC: Bianca & Marissa spoiler

• Members

Bisexual means that a person is attracted to both males and females. Unless Marissa has flat out said, "I am not attracted to women," it's totally a possibility. And yes, the same is true for every character. Most characters are assumed to be straight, as they should be, because straight-identifying people make up the vast majority of the population, but it really would not be a mind-blower if a long-time character assumed to be straight struck up a relationship with someone of the same sex. The only reason why it wouldn't work now is because nobody knows how to write stories like that which require every single mark to be hit on the nose, with no room for mediocrity.

For a character like Marissa, isn't easy because she's only been around for a few years and has only had relationships with two male characters on the show. A scene like this can easily happen...

[bianca and Marissa have stayed up all night. Chatting, sharing stories, laughing, becoming best friends. Bianca has just told Marissa about her coming out experience.]

MARISSA: So...it was hard being the gay daughter of Erica Kane.

BIANCA: Ha. I think it's hard being anyone's gay daughter. But being Erica Kane's daughter didn't make it any easier.

MARISSA: Heh.

BIANCA: Consider yourself lucky. I'm proud of who I am, and I wouldn't change it for anything, but there were a few rough years in there where it's was like...I didn't think I could make it.

MARISSA: Maybe I'm not as lucky as you think I am.

[bianca pauses for a second, but she thinks she knows what Marissa means.]

BIANCA: Oh, I'm sorry. Of course, all of the stuff with Krystal was horrible for you.

MARISSA: Yeah, that, too. But I meat more in line with what you were saying...

BIANCA: ...what do you mean? Wait...Marissa...

[Marissa gets serious for a second, then looks at Bianca with sort of a grin.]

MARISSA: I'm just full of surprises, aren't I?

BIANCA: You're kidding!

MARISSA: Nope. I am most definitely not.

[bianca's mind? Blown.]

MARISSA: Her name was Heather. We were in the 11th grade. We were friends, but not extremely close or anything. We were partnered up for some science thing. I went over to her house on a Friday night. Her parents were out. We worked on the project for a while, but we weren't really into it. It was a lot like tonight...we just talked for a really long time. She kissed me. I pulled away and got out of there fast.

BIANCA: Aww...

MARISSA: We never talked about it again. Ever. I wish we had.

BIANCA: Aww....but, Marissa, sorry to tell you this, but just because a girl wants to kiss you, that doesn't mean anything about you.

MARISSA: Yeah, but...what if I liked it? I mean, I don't know if it felt right, but it definitely did not feel wrong. If that makes sense. I always kind of wonder what might have happened. Sometimes I wonder about what could happen now.

[iN on Bianca, who's heart is nearly beating out of her chest.]

OF COURSE, I'd love it if Bianca got herself a strong, independent, take-no-prisoners, ready-to-bitchslap-Erica-if-need-be, self-confident lesbian. I'd love that. But I'm not gonna turn away another story that I'd like to see, especially when it's obvious that we won't be getting Option A. I just hope that Dave'n'Don don't mess this up and that Agnes and Lorraine grab it and run with it. I think I already did my little Melissa Etheridge joke a few weeks back to explain that we don't need to see these two together forever!!! by the end of the finale, but one of those little things they can do to "keep the drama alive" is push the two together, but leaving it open to audience interpretation whether they get together or Bianca finds a more desirable partner or whatever.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know. I get my hopes up too much, and then when I'm let down, I just get frustrated and apathetic.

Maggie was a hot mess. I felt horrible because I liked her better with Jamie than I ever did with Bianca, but I liked her better with Bianca than I ever liked Bianca with Lena. Just ugh. It doesn't matter because McT screwed allllll of those pairings up. Bitch has no soul.

• Members

Well, with such limited time, I'm willing to enjoy what little I can get. As AMS said, we can always imagine that Binx goes on to date someone who has been a lesbian for life, if that's what we prefer. It's not like she and Marissa are going to get a wedding in the next three months.

• Members

And even then there are people who lie or behave homophobically who later turn out not to be as straight as they would have others believe. I've even heard of people who have claim to have never been attracted to others of the same-sex until they met someone. On the other hand I also understand those who are very who are tired of seeing Bianca hook up with "straight" women.It was original when they did it with Maggie but not so much anymore.The last time Bianca had a love interest who was already aware of their sexuality and didn't need to do any coming out was in 2004 when she was still seeing Lena. And Lena was her first real love interest. I feel ambivalent about this story. I don't mind Bianca ending up with Marissa because their better than JR and Marissa and I don't want Binks ending up alone but if the show wasn't being cancelled I would probably be more upset that they could not bother to hire a new character for Bianca to fall for instead of making her wait several months just to fall for another "straight" woman.

• Members

Second straight woman to fall for Bianca. RME. AMC could have hired an actor to be play Bianca's love interest like they did for Kendall. Then again, if this frees JR from the last annoying Carey woman, I totally approve.

• Members

And in a way, this doesn't bother me. It used to. But I've come to know some women who seem more interested in dating bisexual women - or women with a history with men - than they are other women who have an entirely lesbian history. So my take on Bianca is that this is indeed her category when it comes to relationships. Thinking Frankie, Lena, Maggie, Reese... I guess you could even say Zoe, since she had experience actually BEING a man! ....

Anyway, putting that blip on the radar aside, I'm actually liking the way the characters are carefully being brought together. And I'm surprised, because I didn't think I would when this was first being alluded to. But lately, the crafting of the stories and scenes between characters have improved noticeablely. I actually liked their scenes together this week. Ideas that didn't sound so great initially (thinking Bianca / Marissa and the Erica look-a-like) are actually being carried out far better than I would have ever expected.

Archived