AMC: Wednesday, May 18, 2011

• Members

I hate everything about Ricky. Not the actor because I think Eddie Matos is actually doing a pretty good job in a thankless job. He's just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Given everything I hate seeing time spent on Ricky. After a lousy start from Show and Killer, the story's now had to be so compressed out of necessity that it's just completely off. If the show weren't canceled the whole Binks/Ricky battle of wits could've been really riveting. We could finally see Binks embrace her inner Kane woman in a great way.

Nope. Even a fake Erica Kane falls under the Erica Kane trademark.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Could they have doen anything more deep than Bianca mouths off to him then gets nervous when he packs up his minister tone? Don't get me wrong, I do like this mini-arc within an arc of him likely bringing up memories of Michael for her. It's giving CBL something to sink her teeth into.

I don't think anything in this story was compressed due to cancellation, it's due to the way DK & DS write stories. Instead of playing the part that is playing in May back in late February, March, etc. they played a lot of useless filler junk between sweeps periods. This, IMO, is when they planned to end the story after dragging it out for too long. Personally, I'm enjoying the ending on more days than I'm not save Griffin's quivering voice but I am more than ready for it to end and for something different to start.

• Members

I think they could've done a LOT more. The resonance of Ricky with her Michael Cambias experience would be a great place to develop Bianca's dark side. Instead of having her back down have her keep confronting him. Have them become enemies not just because of Kendall, Zach, blah, blah but because Binks has finally had enough of users and psychos messing with her family. Ricky could be the stand in for Cambias and Hayward and every other guy who smiled in her face then violated her in some way. Bianca could be an interesting character if they got rid of her halo.

"Compressed" wasn't the right word for me to use. I guess what I mean is that it hasn't and can't play the full beats. Maybe you're right that they planned to end the story but now we're stuck with Ricky as the villain because Kendall has to have something to do until Zach gets back. After all it's not like she could leave. But it doesn't fit. It doesn't make sense under any circumstances for Ricky to be proposing. I know he's crazy but there's been nothing to warrant that. This story is too shallow to be as deep as we supposed to think it is and it's gone on too long to be as shallow as it is. The whole thing is just wrong. Frankly for all her supposed deep and abiding love of Zach, Kendall should still be in the fetal position crying her eyes out. Instead she's ten seconds from boning Griffin. But I don't find Kendall an authentic character under any circumstances so whatever.

• Members

I love how doppelgangerica copied Erica's cheap, fake finger nails comment about Krystal. She actually said it to Krystal in their argument laugh.gif I love it. And lol @ her flipping her hair every 5 seconds

Oh wow no offense but rolleyes.gif at some of the Kendall comments in here. I guess she is stupid no matter what she does. It's either let Griffin & Ryan manhandle her & try to "do all the work" (translation: absolutely nothing but stall), or take action & get things going on on her own without letting people get in her way. I for one am glad she's not taking her sweet little time on this & is actually doing things to try and get Ricky to reveal what he did. Quite frankly I think accepting Ricky's proposal was borderline genius considering the circumstances. What was she supposed to say, "no"? So he could get angry & possibly end up doing something reckless towards her (or even worse one of the kids or Bianca)? Saying yes was the right way to go because it keeps him happy & light years more vulnerable to letting her know what he did to Zach.

• Members

I'm not that critical of Kendall's tactics either. I'm more :rolleyes: by Ryan and Griffin making this less about Kendall's safety and more about who has the bigger dick. Griffin is knee deep in stupid at the moment and we all know Ryan's track record, who are they to judge her scheming? Its all about the damsel in distress factor for them.

Having said that, Ricky gave a look like he knows he is being played, so Griffin will probably save lives anyway. :rolleyes: And Ryan will pout.

• Members

If Kendall marries Ricky, he wont want sex. He will EXPECT sex from her. When she wont give it, he will most likely rape her. She's stupid for leading him on and playing with his emotions. I get what she is doing, but thi s is a very volatile guy and aggreeing to marrying him just took things ot a whole new level.

• Members

Honestly, I'm surprised they haven't touched on Ricky vs. Bianca (Holy sh!t, it felt like I was talking about EastEnders for a second) in regards to her sexuality. I know it's cliche to have the reverend be all fire and brimstone homophobic, but with that random scene with the homophobic mom last week, I figured that'd be another thing to put those two at odds with each other.

• Members

I think a lot of that came from the show being too chicken to go all out with religious overtones. In a way, I'm glad they didn't, though, because even though I'm not a fan of religion, I think it's really lazy and offensive that most characters who are deeply religious on soaps end up losing their communion wafers.

• Members

Why would they? Bianca was the inital link that Ricky used to get close to Kendall. Badmouthing and being homophobic towards her wouldnt have helped his cause at all. Plus he's not a real reverand, so I wouldnt expect him to have the typical cliched views that one might expect from a religious figure

• Members

That's another part where the context would've been nice to have. Even though he's a fake minister he's still supposed to be acting as a real one correct? There's a church and a congregation. He's performing wedding ceremonies, baptisms, funerals, and counseling people who aren't Kendall.

As far as him being a homophobe, we've been there, done that. I fanwanked that Rev. Ricky was the minister of the Pine Valley Unitarian Universalist Church, (the biggest, most well funded church in PV, thank you very much. Hee!) so homophobia isn't an issue. I'm sticking with that.

Another thing I'm sad we won't get is watching the reaction of said church members, led by Opal, to the news that the minister is planning to marry WHO?!

Archived