Bin Laden killed

Soapsuds

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some great retweets on twitter Stephen Collins RT'd this:

Remember these words by Dr. Martin Luther King' Jr. "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice."

Love this quote by Mark Twain:

"I have never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure..." - Mark Twain

• Members

Lord forgive me but sometimes I feel like death is too kind for some people. :ph34r:

And I know two wrongs don't make a right but where was respect for tradition when those monsters hacked Americans heads off on live TV? I know we have to and will be the bigger/better persons but we're not burying Bambi's mother here.

• Members

Don't hate me for this yall, but I think traditions should be respected. In all of the personal sh!t I've dealt with, I've always believed that "Killing them with kindness" leaves you with the best feeling. You know that you never stooped their level, and you know that if they attack you again, it's not because of anything you've done.

• Members

I considered heading downtown to celebrate, but it's way too late and I'm too tired to go alone.

I am surprisingly verklempt, and very proud of Obama.

We make many mistakes as a people. And Obama is not perfect, and our foreign policy will never make us saints. But this was the right thing to do, and it was done the way it should've been done a decade ago.

• Members

I guess if it helps prevent rioting and atrocities then I can understand why they will honor customs - the way Sadaam Hussein's execution video leaked out was just a disaster. But I agree that it seems too good.

I hope this gives the media a wakeup call about how damn pathetic and herdlike they are, that they have spent weeks obsessing over Trump, and now they are actually in the real world, not in their Beltway bubble where Don and Sarah and reciting talking points is all you need to get through a broadcast.

I did a double take when reading about the human shield. Ruthless to the end. I can't imagine what it must have been like for the person who had to make the choice to kill her.

• Members

And of course Pakistan knew where he was all along. That house was a pretty cushy setup. Of course, there's no way to really do anything about that, lawfully.

I knew a couple in Brooklyn in my old neighborhood, and they're now getting big in the pastry/dessert business here. The husband became a chef after being injured as a first responder in the towers, and while we never really discussed it I know that it changed his life and that he lost friends. I haven't spoken to them since I moved further up but I am thinking of them tonight.

Archived