Bin Laden killed

Soapsuds

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And my hometown DC is still acting up.

How are the Obamas supposed to make sweet love to the strains of Ne-Yo with this ever-larger flash mob screaming outside? Will they go into the soundproofed panic room?

• Members

I wish I could take tomorrow off :lol: School awaits. I do have a quiz (on Pakistan!) scheduled for my Middle East history class tomorrow...somebody ought to get the ball rolling on some bonus points for that.

Yikes, the Australian prime minister sounds like Nancy Grace!

• Members

As I was saying upthread I seriously think they'll study his brain. Just like this program I saw where they sliced a dead criminal's brain with the thing they slice ham with at the deli making hundreds of digital images of the layers of his thinker.

• Members

I often lose faith in the American government and the American people, but seeing the people rallied together...coast to coast, it gives me faith again.

I'm sure this time next week, we'll be at each others throats again, but to see people outside the White House signing the National Anthem...there's something very uplifting about it.

• Members

I'm watching this dude climbing a pole and hanging the flag from a street light and people climbing trees near the White House. I think it's cool that they had impromptu gatherings but I'm surprised their asses aren't tired by now. They're yelling their butts off like it's New Year's eve.

• Members

Yeah I saw that dude up in the tree hanging over the White House fence and thought he's about to get sat down like the lady at my church who accidentally said "sh!t" while giving her testimony.

I'm glad everyone is in such good spirits but I feel more -_- than :lol: . Less celebratory and more "That's what you get..."

• Members

I guess a lot of people just need the release. I'm more along the lines of dreading when everything goes back to the usual crap. I hope some lessons will be learned from this, that there are more important things than the talking head back and forth gotcha routines.

• Members

Lol I think that picture floating around is definitely fake. If you look closely at the bottom half you can so tell that it's from another picture of Bin Laden. Plus it's horrible quality compared to the top half which is 10 times more clear. I have no idea whose obliterated face that is up top but I'm pretty positive it's not Osama's.

• Members

From Wiki:

Islam

The sacred texts of Islam prefer burial on land, so deep that its smell does not come out and the beasts of prey do not dig it out. However, if a person dies at sea and it is not possible to bring the body back to land before decay, burial at sea is allowed. A weight is tied to the feet of the body, and the body is lowered into the water. This would preferably occur in an area where the remains are not immediately eaten by scavengers. Also, if an enemy may dig up the grave to mutilate the body, it is also allowed to bury the deceased at sea to avoid mutilation.

Archived