Bin Laden killed

Soapsuds

• Members

I thought they actually asked Saudi Arabia and Saudi Arabia said no.

I watched some of BBC News on BBC America last night and I was surprised at how amateurish the male and female anchor seemed. Usually they have better people.

I tried to watch some of the Early Show, because I usually just don't care about Today or GMA, and their anchors/reporters were stumbling and awkward and Harry Smith's replacement continues to look like a painted dummy.

I know a lot of people don't believe Osama is dead and this was all some cynical re-election ploy from Obama, but if that was the case, then why would he do this when the election is almost a year and a half away? People are going to forget about this within a month or less.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I totally believe that if Bin Laden was alive, he'd be TELLING us what liars the American government is. The guy was all up on 9/11 as soon as he could. Everyone who should be like, "The lying, dirty, evil West.." is quiet. That speaks louder than any pics of a body would.

• Members

For hardcore conspiracy theorists nothing will ever be enough. If they show pictures and videos of his body they'll claim they were faked like the moon landing. Like Kylie said he and his people would crow if it was a lie and I don't even want to get into some big conspiracy that they lied on purpose to rat him out. :lol: If anything Obama will speak about it some day. Seeing someone shot almost point blank in the face and chest is not an image easily shook. He will certainly write about that in his memoirs.

• Members

The sad thing is people don't. The Queen of all republicans spoke and she thanked George Bush for bringing Bin Laden in--the same George Bush who when confronted with his own incompetence said he didn't care where Bin Laden was and wasn't interested in him.

I think it really says it all that while Obama was busy trying to get Bin Laden, republicans were busy wondering about grades and birth certificates.

• Members

Wise choice I think in terms of crafting is legacy. Maybe after a few years out of the public eye he won't be so reviled when he does chose to start taking a more active role. Perhaps though maybe he won't even do that.

• Members

I think America should be proud right now and I think America is proud. I watched President Obama on television at Ground Zero today and I thought he did very well. I also agree with those who say former President was very sincere when he said he wanted to step out of the limelight. He has been classy as a former president. Cheney, on the other hand, no so classy. I thought Bush was a weak president, but I do think he did his best when it came to tracking down Osama and deserve kudos for not letting the trail get cold.

Like others, I believe Obama did well as the leader in killing Osama. It gives him more credibility as a leader and as commander-in-chief. That will help in the election. I think many Americans look at him differently today.

But this next election is going to be decided on the economy. Of course, it also will be decided by the quality of candidate the Rs put up. Right now, they don't have a real super star. That could change with the primaries, but right now, I am not seeing much.

• Members

Osama wasn't hiding in Baghdad. And he said himself he didn't care where Osama was and said he couldn't worry about some man who was either dead or living in a cave. Which of course was about as correct as the specter of a mushroom cloud coming from Saddam.

I find it typical of Cheney and all his acolytes that they reach new depths of pettiness. All you hear from these thugs is how they want credit. Who whines like that on TV? And if it isn't them demanding they be praised too, it is the generation that came after them who insist Obama gets no credit. And while Obama is making tough decisions about sending in troops to kill Osama, these people are out there demanding to see his birth certificate and want to know his grades. Bush Sr is a giant compared to these people.

Archived