Somerset Discussion Thread

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

According to the archive of the old Somerset Register website, Hildy James appeared in the fall of 1972. She was Sam Lucas' secretary and was terrorized by the evil Virgil Paris into leaving Somerset. Hildy was then replaced by Chrystal Ames as part of the syndicate storyline. Here's a photo of Hildy with some of the younger set.

Please register in order to view this content

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

According to a Variety article from 1972, at the time P&G managed to get all of it's soaps in a block on CBS. they were pressuring NBC to move Somerset to 3.30 following AW now that EON was not airing in that slot on CBS. NBC refused saying that Return to Peyton Place had built to a 30 share in that slot and they were happy with that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

First off, congratulations on a wonderful union!  I am 23 years older than my partner.  Lol

Second, I never watched Somerset because i was born in 1976, but I remember reading that Jamrson and Georgann wanted to push the envelope as far as sexual kinks, but the producers -- and P&G, I'm sure -- were too terrified to try anything out of the ordinary.   

And third, I found a lot of Judith Light/Karen Wolek on youtube and it seems that had it not been for the writers and producer of OLTL,  she never would have had the chance to shine with a groundbreaking story!!  OLTL asked her back many many times for short story arcs, butbshe always refused.  Just as Robin Wright -- in interviews -- denies even having been on SANTA BARBARA and I cannot figure out why!  That show gave her the start to become what she is today!!

• Members

Oh I was so fascinated by this soap when I first read About it! I always wanted to see Some of the Delaney's plotline I loved Marie Wallace in Dark Shadows and has this Soap Opera worked I'm sure she would have been able to make a name for herself as one of Soap History's biggest bitches in the role of India Delaney I watched a clip with her and was hooked it's a pity I never found more

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Interesting, if not surprising, to watch this Sigourney Weaver interview and how they skip right from her being in the theater to having a  bit part in Woody Allen, then Alien. Another reminder of how easily soaps can be erased from history.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Here's Pammy Davis, Gerald Davis's other daughter. She was Rachel Davis Cory's other half-sister. Pammy was always in SOMERSET. Rachel was always in Bay City.

It is & was always common that actors' "people" tried to separate them from their daytime backgrounds.

And, don't forget Anne Heche (AW) who constantly talked about her wonderful 4 years playing Marley & Vicky on ANOTHER WORLD.