• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

*SPOILEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERS*

I don't have too many words to say, apart from that it is a thrilling ride from beginning to end. Multiple moments in the movie got thundering applause, such as basically everything Minerva McG does and says (she is given many great moments, more so than the book I believe and she excells), Molly's much-anticipated "not my daughter, you bitch!" line and then Bellatrix's subsequent death, Ron and Hermione's kiss (which comes VERY unexpectedly but is all the greater for it) and Neville's shinning moment. On the other hand, Snape's death and his memories are extremely heartwrenching. There are no other words to describe it. I have never cried in a movie theater before and I just didn't care that it was flowing. His memories are a wonderful mixture of great directing, flashbacks (numerous from all the way back to movie 1), awesome scoring, and an outstanding performance by Alan Rickman. The man is a genius. I will say this: There are a couple of key moments in the movie that are underwhelming, even in first viewing. Most notably, Harry seeing his dead loved ones. One would expect it to be much, much more touching. Also, and I can't believe I'm going to say this but, even though the way they show Voldemort's death is awesome, it needed something more just before it happened. Not sure what, but something. Though this might change upon subsequent viewings. As for the epilogue, it's a little funny at the beginning but it's not too bad. There's just no way to do it more convincingly than this, I think. The movie ends just like it should: With our three protagonists, Harry, Ron and Hermione. I guess I did have a lot to say!

Archived