AMC - Tuesday - April 19, 2011

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cara's defense of Griffin is completely undestandable. He's her brother and he was just accused of a murder that she knows he didnt commit. Add to the fact that he was just stabbed and nearly killed in prison as a result of being framed, it makes perfect sense why she is pissed off. I dont like her attitude either but I get it.

He's NOT responsible. Everything you hear is complete BS that is being pulled right out of the characters' asses

• Members
I dont see how David is propped. EVERYONE except for Liza and Griffin (who's had about 1 scene with him) despises him and trashes him whenever the oppurutnity presents itself. He gets blamed for nearly everything even if it isnt his fault. The past year has been about making him look like a pathetic loser drooling over Greenlee, an obsession which has cost him alot. He has nothing now. No career, no friends, no family that gives a damn about him...nothing. Exactly how is he being propped? Nothing on the show supports tearing people down to build David up when what we've seen is David being torn down and stripped of all his relationships and medical degree which he valued. 2010 was not a good year for the character at all and so far in 2011 he's had diddly squat to do. Today was about the most substantial amount of material he's been given all year

• Members

There are many different ways to prop a character and tearing down other characters to build sympathy for David or another is propping. "David is the big bad wolf" "everyone hates his lying guts" is the extreme this show goes too to build sympathy for him. I get that characters hate David and alot have a reason too and vice versa, but when the show goes overboard with it, it's propping

• Members

I have to agree with you on this one, Cheap.

Granted, I haven't been watching regularly, I still don't think they've been "propping" David. Have they been attempting to make us feel sorry for him? Possibly. But IMO that's a whole different thing than "propping".

• Members

See what I dont get is that you also say the show props Griffin bc they have alot of people compliment him and talk about how great he is bc the show wants us to like him. Yet the complete opposite is done with David bc no one compliments him and talks about how great he is. Theres constant chatter about how Griffin saves lives, but with David its constant chatter about how he destroys lives. You are contradicting yourself here

• Members

I agree it's BS but here's the story:

When David took over the hospital, made a lot of cutbacks to supplies and staff. During this time a patient - a bleeding child nonetheless - came into the ER and Angie was "forced" to treat the child without taking proper precautions (mask, gloves, etc...) because thanks to David's cutbacks the E.R. wasn't properly stocked. Angie ended up getting blood on her face and in her eyes. The child she was treating had an infection. Angie caught that infection and lost her sight.

• Members

. He's done some screwed up things which has gotten him contempt from the other characters,most of which he deserved, but the show doesnt try to portray David as a good guy. He's no treated like a hero. On the flipside you have other characters like Ryan, Jake and Zach who have commited crimes and hurt people as they saw fit, yet were considered the heroes of the show and potrayed as such. When they do stuff, people tend to praise them and/or justify their actions even they were not heroic at all. David doesnt ahve anyone that does that for him. When David does something, the show makes sure that the other characters condem and lash out for him. They dont let him get away with anything bc you better beleive Ryan, Jesse, Marissa will be all up in his face about it. When I look at him, I dont get that the show is trying to potray him as someone we should love. No, he's treated like scum and used as a prop to make the "heroes" look better. They need a villian and David tends to be the default person to fit that role as he will get most of the blame in town. Before it was Annie and there was a time it was Liza. With David back, he's reclaimed that spot.

Dont forget that she blamed not having gloves as the reason she got sick, yet having gloves wouldnt have made a difference bc she rubbed her eyes with her bloody hands. The blood would have still been on the gloves when she rubbed her eye. This is the huge flaw in her claim that David caused her blindness

Archived