OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

Nat Polen was 20 years older than Robert Milli.

I imagine that recasting was done on purpose to erase any possibility of a romance. If Milli or a man of similar age was in the role, then viewers would be reminded of the romance and it seems ABC didn't want that happening. Maybe Agnes had the story approved on the grounds that once Carla's identity was revealed, there was no possibility of it being rekindled. 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Bet they got it in under the wire for BHM!

I recall asking my mother about Carla, she was a teenager when OLTL premiered, and she said everyone (as in her and her friends) knew she was black.

From the Wikipedia page:

Who, other than ES, was getting 1 million a year in 1980?

And we've had at least 10 more since!

• Members

I'm pretty sure when Kin Shriner left GH for Texas it was stated his salary was around $300,000 which made him the highest paid soap star. Remember that is in 1980 dollars.

Back in 74 Rosemary Prinz negotiated for $1000 an episode for How to Survive A Marriage with a 3 day work week. So about $155,000 per year.

So no one would have been making a million in 1980.

• Members

On the 60-minute version of Another World, George Reinholt said that his contract guaranteed him $70,000.00 a year. Presumably, Jacqueline Courtney would have been receiving similar pay. When the stars transferred over to OLTL, Reinholt acknowledged that ABC would never go that high. For the 30-minute  One Life, Reinholt and Courtney received $35,000.00. Even that was allegedly much higher than what other actors were getting at the time, however, which created conflict. Erika Slezak acknowledged other performers wanted their salaries increased to be aligned with what George and Jacquie were receiving. That was in 1975. There's no way any actor on the show would jump to a million-dollar salary within five years.

Edited by vetsoapfan