OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I haven't seen any mention of it yet, but this YouTube channel has posted most of Halloween episodes and now is in the process of uploading the Thanksgiving and Christmas episodes for OLTL, SB, EON, Y&R, as well as Sunset Beach and Passions.

But, shhhhh, keep it under your hat (or on the down low as some would say), we wouldn't want him to get a copyright strike

https://www.youtube.com/@RadSoapOperaDocumentaries

Edited by j swift

• Members

I need to review this for details on whatever the hell happened with Jared and Natalie's storyline in 2009.

John Brotherton does have a great anecdote about how a major primetime casting director told him that any time they need to recast for a TV show or pilot quickly, their first call is 'my soap opera rolodex,' because daytime vets can execute quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I enjoyed that interview between Jared and "Sparky". The two had such potential. I loved them until the writers did the stupid uncle/not uncle story which I found to be a bit icky. (Then again...didn't the show do David/Tina who were brother/sister but not brother/sister). I will never understand why the show "killed" (sorry) Jared/Nat and Nash/Jess (Tess). That was a great quad! I enjoyed the show a lot then. 

John was my least favorite pairing for Natalie. I'd go Jared, Cris, Brody, and then John. 

• Members

They don't touch on it. Alan certainly didn't inquire, he either didn't know or care. It was a bright shiny little reunion.

Thinking about it now the show lost me when they killed off Nash and Jared. Stupid decisions that did nothing for Natalie or Jessica but give them dead husbands at 25.

• Members

He once mentioned in an interview how his wife hated it when he farted in bed and quite frankly I've never been able to shake the correlation when his name is mentioned.

My friend and I went to the Daytime Emmys the year that Susan Lucci won, 1999. One of the many pictures that she captured was a then unknown Forbes with Cameron Mathison, Forbes had yet to air as Scott and we had no idea who he was.