OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

After EDGE Ended, OLTL asked Sharon Rose Gabet to Come on in 1985 and they planned to bring back and recast the role of Echo Di SaVoy but took AW  instead and says that was a mistake

OLTL asked Sharon to reprise Melinda in 1997 but had to pass since she was out of the US

Edited by John

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Melinda did come back in 1997. This time played by Nicole Orth-Pallavicini. The story was about the Cramer family's origins. Where it was revealed that Dorian's mother Sonya was alive. Sonya had killed her husband. And abused her daughters. While trying to kill Cassie. Dorian killed her mother. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Labine had 18 months left on her ABC contract in 1996 but left to create Heart & Soul or Union Place. I cant remember which one. So when her  ideas werent bought. ABC hired her at OL to finish out that 18 months. I enjoyed her run as well as Pam Long's. Megan McT is were I started losing intrest

https://www.welovesoaps.net/2009/11/soaps-hope-claire-labine-interview-part_07.html

Edited by John

• Members

It may be unpopular, but I hated Mel and I always felt like he really wanted Vicki. I thought he dragged Dorian down and wanted to shape her into something she was never going to be. I wasn’t put off that he was killed off, but I can see how it might have further marginalized Dorian.

It’s too bad Herb never fully came back.

• Members

Thankfully Alan interjects less when its a show he's not familiar with...we benefitted for sure in this case. Was a great interview w/ lots of BTS stories.

Mark Arnold spoke honestly about his tough experience on Santa Barbara, but said great things about starring opposite Robin Wright...and Sharon Gabet admitted she made a mistake going to Another World.  Her husband eventually forced the producers to write her off.  Sharon admitted the EDGE set was the best she ever worked on...very much a family.  

• Members

Even under ideal storyline conditions, I don't think Judith even had the time to return when OLTL was wrapping up its network run. During that time, she was busy appearing on Broadway and securing her first TONY win for Other Desert Cities.

In a way, as I mentioned before, it's great that Judith/Karen's impact has never been diminished by time or some crappy return story. She'll always be remembered for one EPIC stint that was never tarnished in any way subsequently. That's rare. 

Edited by BetterForgotten