OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't understand why these EPs stripped these shows of their identities. One of the worst was Edge of Night graphics the last 19 months.  How did Erwin Nicholson agree to approve that mess.  Edge always had the best opening and closings.  Another was Wheeler's last graphic on GL.  I did like Rauch's OLTL opening sequence.  Really fit Agnes Nixon's vision.   Only Goutman's final AW graphic was better than all the previous.

• Members

Agreed, but listening to the lyrics, they don't make any sense.  The juxtaposition of the idea that "there's always tomorrow" doesn't fit with the concept that the we "only have one life to live."  To me, the idea that we only have one life indicates that we should seize the day, make this moment count and, make the most of the time we have.  It does not mean that if this day sucks (or the rain won't end) we should wait until tomorrow for it to get better.

Here's where you go
When it looks like the rain won't end

(Where is he suggesting we go?  Lllandview?  Asa's house?  Llandfair?)

and then in the second verse (which we only heard on days with extended end credits) he changes the entire meaning of the song

Let's live today
And find someone to share it with
Cause we only have one life to live

Maybe it is just the pandemic, but in hindsight, Peabo lacks logical consistency.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I think the opening credits she show had post Gottleib were the best ones on ABC at the time.  Every time they got updated it wasn’t glaringly obvious.  Punchy, modern music, good graphics, the Banner and the Sun being utilized.

I loved Faces of the Heart on GH, but it did start to look rough with the edits over the years.  I hated the white AMC opening, and was so happy when they put the early 1990’s theme back in place.

I think the tour of Llanview works better without the lyrics.  The instrumental version is great though.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

Phelps' ripped off Knots Landing for her GL opening but it was the best one of the modern GL era. Everyone who changed GL graphics after that made them worse.  

All the vocals from all the shows were so bad but I loved SFT and Edge and sang along.. When tomorrow comes, what will it bring....  Seems as though a harmony is hard to find... always on my mind.. Edge of Night, half dark half light!

• Members

Geez seeing that opening again gets me emotional - it's just perfect, the shots they used, the balance in tone, how they show all aspects of soap, the ending shot...

I was so lucky that I got to see this, Santa Barbara and As the World Turns On and On and the Y&R theme as my first real soap themes. Imagine what some kid now would feel having to watch that GH theme, getting a seizure, and being rushed to the hospital.