OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

The scenes are from different episodes. I have the scene with Dennis Patrick and Delilah. That episode is January 10, 1984. I think the role was a dayplayer. Delilah goes to seduce the guy, but Brad Vernon interrupts her. Brad, who she is sleeping with, has managed to get her a role in a music video. The  episodes from around this time were not too engaging. A lot of San Carlos talk between Simon Warwick and Asa's plot to retrieve his money through something called Christophore. 

Did anyone really enjoy this period? The cast is pretty strong, but the story isn't all that great. Sam Hall and Henry Sleasar are credited as the headwriters. I did enjoy the little romance that was blooming between Rafe and Sam. They seemed like a sweet couple. Most of the rest of the story seems pretty forgettable. The Simon Warwick stuff was the hardest to swallow (fictional South American country, plastic surgery, David Renaldi - savior of political refugees). Wasn't this all tied into Judith McConnell's Eva Vasquez. The only things I did appreciate of this nonsense were Viki treating this storyline like the trash it is and the appearance of Pamela Lincoln as Suzanne Allardyce, Simon's mother. Lincoln plays these second tier washed out divas pretty well, but this seems like such a nothing role. 

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Wasn't there a dropped storyline that included Ivan Kipling and a group of teenagers?  I remember Jon Hensley was part of that group, and also one or two of the McNeil sisters.   Although I was never a fan of Ivan Kipling (OLTL did not need its own version of Stefano Dimera), I was sort of into this storyline.  Then, if I'm not mistaken,  it was dropped with absolutely no explanation or wrap-up.   

• Members

@slick jones @dc11786thank you for the help with the dates. I will credit you on the video. 

The judge will always be Rebedow from Oz to me.

A lot of this period is a blur. I'm not sure how I would feel if I could watch it all day by day. 

Shelley was too gorgeous and charismatic to make you believe Delilah wasn't already a huge star. I didn't know she and Brad were an item...

Wasn't this also the period that Liz Hubbard had a bit role. I guess Jean Arley or whoever was in charge at the time was doing the type of guest stunt casting that many other soaps would do later on.

• Members

Gabriella, the adoopted Italian daughter of Bo, was the other girl who was living the house where Dan was.

I don't think that Gabrielle and Brad were together.    I only remember her with Asa, Bo, and Rafe.

As far as dropped storylines, I think that there was a lot of storyline for the African American characters.    However, upon the dismissal of Ellen Holly (Carla), Al Freeman, Jr. (Ed), Lillian Hayman (Sadie), Josh Davis (Dr. Josh Hall) and his girlfriend Lisa (who was late on the serial General Hospital),these characters' stories were dropped.   Even Eriq LaSalle was on the show involved with them for a while.

I think that a lot of their storyline (Carla's and Josh's) were tranposed into storyline for Judith Sanders and Jamie Sanders, and possibly for Elizabeth Sanders.

• Members

How devastating! I wasn't even alive at the time but have seen as much of the late 80s as possible and enjoy the camp but the biggest issue was the erasing of the diverse landscape and the lack of a family outside of the Buchanans that worked. Jamie and Elizabeth provided a lot of fun but were not worth losing the Halls for. 

They lost a lot of potential with not putting Blair Underwood on contract immediately and I thought Lisa was an absolute spitfire. So many possibilities with Bobby/Lisa/Josh lost. And Blair Underwood and Andrea Evans had a lot of chemistry too. 

Did anyone feel like losing Brad Vernon and Marco Dane was a loss? They were C characters by the time they left but they seemed to be essential pot stirrers in the late 70s and early 80s who were faded out. 

Would anyone consider Delilah watered down by the time she married Rafe? I haven't seen much of her pre-86 but she seemed like she changed a lot. 

• Members

Giulietta Fellini (?sp))  played by Fabiana Udenio is the girl you are referring to.

Delila was with Asa, Bo, and Rafe

It was the Hall/Gray family's screen time, not storylines that the Sanders filled.  There was room for both, but I would have kept the Hall/Gray family and only brought in the Sanders ladies (Judith, Kate, Elizabeth. I would have waited to see their success before bringing in boring Charles and psycho Jamie (not to mention the illegit Geoffrey).

• Members

Carla had become an attorney very quickly, and it didn't really make sense. I think they made her a lawyer because they were not interested in writing any personal storylines for her.  So at least she could get some airtime as a lawyer.  Then wasn't she in the middle of a murder trial (or some kind of trial), when she suddenly had to leave town, and another lawyer replaced her?  If I recall correctly, she didn't even have any good-byes with the other characters -- she was just gone.  I thought it was odd they didn't at least wait until the end of the trial.  Am I right about all this?  It's been 35 years. LOL.

Edited by Neil Johnson

• Members

Regarding the Ivan Kipling storyline, the other girl living in the house with Cassie, Rob, Danny, ect. was Annie Barnes who was played by Rebecca Schaeffer, the young actress who later starred on My Sister Sam and was murdered by an obsessed fan in 1989.  Annie and Danny left town together in the fall of 1985.  When he returned the following year I don't believe he ever mentioned Annie again.  I also remember Giulietta, although I don't remember how she was written off the show.