OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

Someone recently posted an episode from 1975 to YouTube, along with two additional episodes from 1977. I don't think I've ever seen these circulating before online, though my apologies if I'm mistaken!

Edited by Sean

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

OMG this just made my entire weekend. I gave up on ever seeing any new OLTL period especially of this era. 

I love all the natural touches-the dialogue feels so real, Eileen vacuuming, religious drama but not overdone, characters at work, Tim being a construction worker. 

Nice to see it in color-especially the bright 70s fashions. 

Ellen Holly looked stunning, amazing to see the progress over ten years. Carla is not only visiting Anna's house and welcome inside but taking Jenny to a meeting they are attending. So happy to see Anna and Carla's friendship. 

Also grateful to see Tim and Jenny for the first time. Wow is he handsome and I loved the little go they had at the end. 

I enjoyed GR as Tony here too. I saw him in the DTR episode but that mixed with the behind the scenes drama blurred him for me. 

The 1975 episode moved very fast but I would say wasn't plot driven. Just characters going about their day and their ongoing relationship drama. 

• Members

I'm watching the 4/1/77 episode. This isn't a complaint by any means, but just an observation, I'm surprised they seemed to quickly transition to scenes like modern ABC soaps did in the later years (and I guess GH still does that). It's not a bad thing, but the scenes seemed longer in the 1975 episode. 

• Members

If memory serves me right, I think Cathy was younger than Viki and closer in age to Jenny.  She was just over 18 when she went to rehab, which was in 1970.  So, by 1977 she was in her mid-20s.  However, she was a talented writer and very smart which may have made seem older (that and being played by actresses who were older than the character).  She was a true 1970's neurotic and never became a real "hot mess" until she lost her baby and got into kidnapping.

https://www.oocities.org/historypg/ar750323.html

Edited by j swift

• Members

Thanks j swift!

I just finished the April 1977 episode. 

What a shock to see Lana/Brad/Jenny. These episodes are a real treasure. And Viki/Joe in turmoil. Erika is stunning with the long hair. 

I really loved this Joshua Hall and thought he had chemistry with Samantha. I did not realize he Todd Davis from GH. How interesting Carla did not want Josh anywhere near Sam. 

• Members

I wonder why they dropped Josh as he had the potential for way more story that also would have given Ed/Carla more screentime.

I guess at that point his only romantic option would be a black character which meant another cast member and that was not seen as important or necessary. Maybe Jack Scott could have a daughter which would have provided  more complications for Carla.