OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I wonder when this is from. It looks like before August 9th, as the ATWT episode available from that date seems to take place after this - maybe August 8th? 

I had to laugh at how many times this taper zapped when they saw scenes of LeeAnn (Yasmine still trying that accent...) or Bo and Cassie. I can't blame them!

This was early Gottlieb, right? I wonder why so much time was spent on extensive love scenes for Bo and Cassie when they wouldn't even be together much longer. Was it Malone (who has yet to arrive) who didn't want them together and that's how they brought Sarah back? 

This relationship and especially Max and LeeAnn both feel off to me, although the age difference in the latter is even more pronounced. 

The Buchanan family drama suffers from the weakness of this Kevin (this was Vipond, right?), but I do like seeing Megan trying to support him even as Clint and Viki tune her out. It's nice to see her as part of the family, or trying to be. And Erika Slezak looks great here. 

That scene with Joey having an episode was great too - very well-acted and believable. 

So much melodrama at this point, probably a little too much, but I guess they wanted to get some interesting back after the ratings drop.

• Members

Remember there were a few months where Gottlieb had taken over by Craig Carlson (?) was still HW, and the transition at any rate didn't feel immediate.  (and of course the initial plan was to put some of the focus on short term story arcs--one involved that guy from Body Double as an abusive husband--though they quickly realized that went against the point of a soap.

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

Malone was on by end of August, I know that much. Jason Webb turned up then.

This is Joey Thrower as Kevin.

Malone and Gottlieb kept the Larry/Viki relationship and his closeness to the family; Viki calls him "Uncle Larry" to Joey. Michael Storm's last appearance, a recurring stint in 2004 during Malone's heart transplant story for Viki, kept that. I always appreciated that.

Edited by Vee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

That channel surfing August 1991 upload series continued. I don't want to dump videos in here, but part 4 continues the Joey hospital scenes and has some good moments, including Larry giving Clint and Viki home truths, and a surprisingly poignant conversation between Kevin and Stephanie about growing up and letting go of their relationship. 

Part 5 has clips including early Jason (this Kevin plays the scenes like he's sweet on him...not that I could blame him if he was), the runup to Andy and Hunter's wedding, and Cassie and Bo struggling with Alex's mind games. I think this must have been August 22, as August 23 has the wedding and Jason and Kevin at the loading dock. 

The end also has Alex talking about what she wants to name the child she plans to have with Bo. You just have to hear the name she chooses!

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Ha! That was a treat, thanks for sharing.

I don't recall Bo and Cassie interacting much at all when I was a kid, their relationship was certainly never brought up. It seems very weird but Cassie seems like one of those characters with a very fluid age. Kevin is a kid here but in a few years they'll be love interests and played as contemporaries.

• Members

My viewing wasn't every day but the most I remember in any real interaction was when the Labines were writing the show and they tried to have people mingle more often - I think Cassie offered him some cake and they talked while she was trying to get info for a story or something. I think they also talked a bit about their past relationship but I don't remember for sure. Overall it does seem like the show was happy to move past that period. 

• Members

I am trying to watch the whole story of the trial. Does anyone know the date of this event? I'm trying to figure out what happened directly to this. IIRC, it had something to do with Sloan's book. I am curious to when, exactly, Dorian decided to do this.

EDIT: The correct video is Dorian trying to destroy Victor's corpse. Unfortunately, I am having difficulties copying/pasting.

Edited by allmc2008

• Members

I’ve been trying to watch as much vintage OLTL as possible.  Sometimes characters people rave about kind of fall flat when you actually get to see them.  Karen Wolek is not one of them.  It’s not just the court room scene, which is way over the top.  She’s great in every scene I have managed to watch.  So is Marco Dane, who I only really remembered from his late 80’s stint on OLTL and GH in the early 90’s.

i really wish these networks would figure out a way to let us watch their vintage material.  I would love to watch her entire storyline unfold (once Judith Light arrives), and Jenny’s too.  Not to mention Carla.

I remember Larry as the beloved doctor.  It’s cool to see him in a leading man role.  He’s handsome.  Brad Vernon is too, but I know he is a bastard.

• Members

Another OLTL via Alan Locher 

The Buchanan Kids, from One Life to Live, will join me live on Thursday, July 9th at 2PM EST. Please join Melissa Archer (Natalie), Kirk Geiger (Kevin), Chris McKenna (Joey) and Erin Torpey (Jessica) as they revisit their Llanview roots in The Locher Room.