AMC and OLTL Canceled!

• Members

Watched the local NBCLA 4 news here, damn they put more effort into the AMC/OLTL announcement than ABCLA did! They even went into a whole segment about Luke & Laura's wedding on GH. LOL. It was so sad though because almost all of the people they interviewed on the street said they don't even watch soaps anymore. They asked one girl what her favorite soap was, she said OLTL, & then they broke the news to her that it was canceled. She couldn't believe it!

Love her! I hope AMC asks her & Mark to come back again.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It would be nice if they could get David Canary to return for the last few months. Him and Julia Barr. I'm sure there will be a lot of guest visits in the last few months and weeks from old faves and maybe celebs. Maybe AMC can go out with a little more steam in the ratings engine due to that (and unfortunately also due to the cancellation news going extreme-mainstream). It worked for the 40th Anniversary celebrations.

• Members

Marlee Matlin:

Who imagined that the Welcome to Pine Valley sign would ever come down? All My Children axed. Goodbye, Erica Kane. You were GREAT. I remember how excited I was to meet Ruth Warwick, aka Phoebe Tyler and Susan Lucci, THE Erica Kane. Wonderful AMC memories.

From Erika's website:

April 14th Special Message: Early this afternoon, Erika shared with us the news that OLTL and AMC had been cancelled. While we will be interviewing her next week for the newsletter, she asked that we share the following with you now. "Please tell all our fans how deeply sorry I am to be losing this wonderful show that has so much heart and so much life. I will miss my work, my friends, my OLTL family so very much. I consider this to be a terrible loss to the television community and especially to the New York community."

• Members

*cries* Such a beautiful tweet from someone who wasn't even in daytime for long. This thing is gonna make me respect so many people like I never did before.

K0la.

This makes me so sad...just the thought of who needs to come back "for the last time." I'm already imagining a scene of ALL the Chandlers gathered in the living room.

*cries some more*

You would :lol:

• Members

It's incredible to me how much AMC's cancellation in particular is affecting people who don't have much to do with soaps, or at least AMC, in the first place. And yet, people like Les Moonves and Brian Frons believe no one cares about soaps anymore. Go figure.

Archived