Teen Age Homosexuality?

• Members

I am going out on a limb here but I think Shane and Jack did a little "sexual experimentation" together and that's the motivation beind Jack's hate towards him. Trust me I am not putting this out there as a joke but it seems what with the nature of the harrassment and the fact that Shane always seems hopeful that Jack will reciprocate his feelings...I think that may be the big mystery that has yet to come.

Erik

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, I really, really hope that's not the case. After the Kyle/Oliver fiasco, it's evident that someone at OLTL -- I don't know or care who -- isn't committed to telling a whole story featuring gay characters. And to hell with the "they had no connections" nonsense. I'd rather have connectionless Kyle and Oliver than Shane and self-loathing, abusive Jack. Never mind the fact that Jack = gay would be all about how Todd the rapist will cope with a gay son no matter what (I can already see the people jizzing over "OMG how will Todd react?!?!?!"). Al diablo con esa mierda.

• Members

Yeah, granted I'm biased being a Kish fan, but I don't see them doing that. How exactly can you make Jack & Shane gay when, Kyle & Oliver are still in Llaneview never to be seen & rarely mentioned again, without opening up old wounds in regards to Kish being fired? Perhaps they should mend that fence first, before embarking on a new gay couple.

• Members

Before this story aired, I figured you could wait til the boys were a couple years older then tell a bi Jack story in which he and Shane went after the same girl, but he quietly held a torch for Shane as well; it would never really be articulated, even after they all became BFF in a weird Jules & Jim way, because they would both know it's there but Shane would be straight.

I suppose you could still do that down the line with proper writing, but I somehow doubt Andrew Trischitta is the actor for the job, although so far he seems somewhat improved today (still watching, so the jury is out).

• Members

Thank you, Vee, for that Truffaut reference. How I would love to show this to people who believe soap fans on the Internet are uniformly unintelligent, inarticulate morons w/ no aesthetic sense and a sheep-like mentality.

• Members

Well, it ultimately wouldn't go anywhere. It would be background for the threesome's relationship (ideally, the third party would be Antonio Vega's daughter Jamie, who would end up with Shane), but never fully spoken of, at least not between them. Because that is how kids are, especially at that age, and Shane and Jack would just transition into being functional friends, with Jack the extrovert and Shane the more decent Joey type. And Jack would move on to other boys or girls, or both.

• Members

I just think Jack resents the fact that Shane's family appears to be less chaotic than his, so he's finding something about him that isn't "perfect," like his asthma, and choosing to bully and tease him about it in order to make himself feel better.

Archived