OLTL classic episodes (1968-1980)

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was there last month and watched the OLTL episodes. They were fun to see! I found myself getting sidetracked by the classic commercials contained in the episodes! LOL! It is definitely a MUST to do for any soap fan. But be warned, your time ticks away VERY quickly, so you should be organized about what you want to see. Bring a list ahead of time so you can order up what you want to see when you get there. For example, the OLTL episode from Feb 1979 is in the "archives" and needs to be unearthed from some other place and it took half an hour for it to be made available for me to see. You can watch other things with the click of a button while you wait, but I suggest that you prepare your watch list ahead of time so the staff can order up any archived material as soon as you get there.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Oops, NM, I already posted in this thread. tongue.png But I second what Dale said, if possible, have your picks already in mind and time them out accordingly and be prepared to fast forward if you pick some hour long shows. I haven't been in a while but last time I was there you got to make four show selections and I think you got a total of two hours or so to watch. You take the elevator upstairs to a a room full of computers where you do your search for what you want to watch. You click and select your choices then head to the front desk while they process your requests. You wait while your videos are loaded/a terminal becomes available, then you get sent to the viewing rooms where you're seated at your own booth with monitor/keyboard and headphones.

• Members

Thank you for putting that up. I was happy to see 5 seconds of Sadie and Carla's confrontation over her passing as white. This must be from 1969 though and I don't think the Paley Center has an episode from then. I really want to see more of it though now that we know it does exist. I can't believe it hasn't been played in a marathon or posted on YouTube.

By the way, Ellen Holly looked STUNNING in that silent brief scene of her and Ed. That must have been late 70s because her hair was short by 1980.

• Members

If I have my facts straight, that clip of Carla and Sadie is from a promo package given to local affiliates. I've mentioned this before, but I believe this bit of tape is something Ellen Holly unearthed herself. She was looking for footage of the first Carla/Sadie storyline which is widely believed to no longer exist. She somehow got in contact with a television station that had this material collecting dust in the archives. Carla doesn't appear in the '68 episode at Paley. And yes, she does look stunning in that clip with Ed.

• Members

I was an "Open Link in New Tab" machine when I saw all of those sixites/seventies episodes at UCLA! Non-circulating?? I could kick somebody in the fat face. They need to transfer that stuff to digital, stat! What the hell? With all of those film and tv majors at UCLA, you'd think everything in their collection would be digitized for class credit at this point.

Archived