GH: Jacklyn Zeman 2011

• Members

They just had a new interview with her last night on Soap Central. She talked about the final Bobbie story where Lucas was comming out and it was suposed to be a real good story about a single mother dealing with a gay son but it was suddenly just dropped and since then Bobbie hasn't been seen much at all (putting it mildly.)She thinks it was just change of people behind the scenes who didn't want to adress the story and wanted to go with characters they liked. She said she was sad that it ended that way and she has no idea where Bobbie is suposed to be now because she doesn't watch the show. not that anybody mentions her or Lucus anymore anyway. She's just greatful that she was on for 30 years with many major storylines over those years. I really hope GH gets their heads out of their "whatevers" and bring Bobbie back to the front. There is so much she could do with the way Carly's been acting recently and she could do her own storylines at the hospital or find a new man.

But i guess she is going to be on soap internet soap called The Bay. and she has other things that she's doing. She is also dealing with "empty nest syndrome" because her girls are both away in college now and she's single now.

Bobbie was one of my favorite characters when i first started watching the show. Bobbie was happily married to Tony and they had just fought Tiffany for Lucas. I saw the whole BJ's heart saved Maxie's life story and then the Damian story which was a little off but i thought both actors played the dumb storyline real good. I'm in the minority but i liked it when she married Stefan. It could have been a real good storyline with many twists and turns but they wanted to put Stefan with Katherine to recapture some of those Days Patch and Kayla fans.

I still miss Bobbie.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just to get this thread back on track LOL, I miss Jackie Zeman. It's not like the Julia Barr situation, where the Brooke character was marginalized with no family connections. For god's sake, Bobbie is related in some way to most of the major characters on the show. It's really a shame they couldn't have kept her on the canvas, if even in some Audrey Hardy-type go-to matriarch capacity. Did Frons and JFP phase her out because of the plastic surgery? Was it her more naturalistic acting style not meshing with that of more method actors like Benard? Never clear as to why she just disappeared. Soaps need these types of tentpole characters.

• Members

JFP wanted Jackie gone as soon as she came to GH in late 2000/early 2001. Supposedly it was only Tony Geary at that time who saved her job. JFP usually writes for one older woman on her soaps and phases out any others, but at GH she didn't even do that.

• Members

JZ was great, and one of the reasons GH was tops. I am sorry they ditched Lucas but that's GH for you. Lucas had one great scene talking about the pressures on him to be the namesake of the famous Luke Spencer, and with hunky Greg Vaughn Lucky around I think there was real material there for Lucas and his struggles to accept what he is and isn't. Hopefully they will bring him back one day.

• Members

Lucas was played by Ryan Carnes when he flirted with Maxie and Georgie. When the gay story started, he left, supposedly due to fear of typecasting. He was replaced by Drake Hogestyn's son, who had the usual five-minute coming out/angry reaction from mother/gay-bashing stories, then vanished without a trace. Hogestyn then went on to appear on B&B for about a half a second.

Lucas was mentioned in a text message a few years ago.

If it were me, I would have Lucas return, somewhat secretive about his life, and begin a secret fling with Johnny, who is now the head of the Port Charles mob (Sonny and Jason would be gone). Lucas begins to fall in love with Johnny, which is very conflicting, because the Jerome crime family have sent Lucas to kill him...

• Members

There were a couple of Lucases. There was Lucas as played by Ryan Carnes (who went on to Desperate Housewives I think) and he was the Lucas who was at the dorm during the time Diego was taking pics of the girls and framing Dylan (Dillon?). Then there was gay Lucas as played by Drake Hogestyn's son who was last seen going out on a date with "Guy" and I guess is still at the movies or wherever they went.

• Members

There's an interview with Jackie on WLS where she talks about a scene with her and Kin at Kelly's that was supposed to end in a kiss, but JFP gave the directive to move the camera off them as they were about to kiss, telling the actors that "no one wants to see those two old people make out," or something along those lines. That was really ageist and not really justified thinking on her part. What's wrong with two attractive people who are (shudders) over 40 displaying affection?

• Members

Well, she does have Tracey there, so I would argue that she is the "older woman" in the JFP soap model.

I actually don't blame JFP, the slaughter of over 50 women is clearly and ABC mandate from Frons that was starting before she ever got there. Really, since Frons Bobbie took a big hit.

I think Jackie is of two minds on JFP...on the one hand, JFP is the one who fired her...on the other hand, her problems at GH started before JFP.

I have always been under the impression that most of JFP's actions aren't personal. I feel that is how the situation with Jackie was. After all, she still does 3 episodes a year to remind the viewer how much the show has changed.

Archived