GH: Jacklyn Zeman 2011

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think recasting would be an insult and unnecesary. Why recast for a part that will barely be used anyway? They should have just properly written her out so we arent wondering where Bobbie is in all these storylines centering around her family

• Members

I remember when Jackie first got her boobs done. Wow, I thought she was going to fall over. I hate what Jackie has done to her face. I understand the pressure to look younger in Hollywood. Other women have had done good work done. She went overboard. Frankly, I would not give her another scene if I was in charge. They should just say that Bobbie has moved to the invisible place where Lucas vanished into never to return.

• Members

she was certainly one of GH's greatest.

what possessed GH to dump her ten years ago I will never understand. JZ back in 2001 was something like 45 or so, that is well younger than Nancy Lee Grahn who gets written for til this very day. And the contributions of the two to GH are like night and day. One was a pillar of the show, and the other is instantly forgettable, a competent supporting actress at most. And now today it is Laura Wright who is playing the new Bobbie, and again the replacements pale in comparison to the original.

• Members

When you look back at the Monty years and the change in focus to action/spies etc there was concern about the vets getting shafted.

Compared to today, it' nothing.

Jessie/Steve/Audrey/Lee/Gail/Ruby/Edward/Lila and several other characters were 50+ and still on the show. i remember when Jessie and Audrey were reduced to 40 appearances a year and there was an outcry.These days that would be considered generous.

i know budgets were different then,but at least these characters appeared every so often and it was nice (if not sometimes frustrating) to see them.

ABC pretty much dropped everyone over 50 and the shows suffer for it. Ironically,people today 50+ often look way more youthful than 30 years ago (hideous surgeries excepted)

• Members

I agree. It's not like Monica and Bobbie aren't aroudn.

I understand shows have to evolve. New characters have to be brought in to keep things fresh, and stories have to move along. But Monica and Bobbie are both still on the show. Lelie Charleson and Jackie Zeman have BOTH said they still are willing to work whenever...So not having them on for this storyline makes no sense.

The same goes for Denise Alexander, too. Lesley is Jake's grandmother for Christ's sake!

• Members

Okay, I'm suree I'll get in trouble for bringing this up because it's an old thread now, but.

I just got around to watching that clip that qfan posted...Wow that was some great acting. I had completely forgotten about Robert getting involved in all of it, or that he was Lucas' godfather. Good stuff.

Archived