GH: Jacklyn Zeman 2011

• Members

Oh yes...I liked Ryan Carnes as Lucas. Drake's son was too stiff for me in the role. I wish they hadnt dropped the story. Oh well its all about Soony and Co...it always has been and will continue to be.

Yeah it was. It was when Luke was infamous....lol. GH wanted to cash in too.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am pretty sure it was JZ who told the story how some years back Bobbie and Scotty were kissing and JFP told the director to cut away because nobody wants to see old people kiss. The weird thing is she never had a problem with Maurice Benard's age, Tony Geary's, Nancy Lee Grahn and even Jane Elliot. Someone decided around 2001 that Bobbie was done.

• Members

I think she sees Tracy mostly as a prop for Luke's story. Tracy has little to no writing for herself, even in that role - not the way Viki did at OLTL or Felicia at AW.

I'm sure JFP has nothing personal against Jackie Zeman but she supposedly wanted her out immediately in order to help her friend Jensen Buchanan. That would have entailed Bobbie going crazy over Roy. Or she would have killed Bobbie in the toxic plague story that was stopped because of 9/11.

Frons and Guza clearly call the shots at GH but even then, JFP's style at GH before they arrived was markedly different than some of her past work. She started off on a good foot, generally, with viewers and critics and the cast, at her other soaps. At GH, everything went wrong from the start.

• Members

What's interesting is that none of it happened. Bobbie is still there...just not there. Frankly, I would have preferred either of those options over Bobbie just disappearing. If JFP wanted to "Frankie Frame" or "Maureen Bauer" Bobbie Spencer...I think she would have made it happen.

Going crazy and trying to kill Jensen Buchanan would have been preferred, Jackie would have rocked that.

• Members

Totally true. Over at AMC, he began gunning for Marcy Walker and Julia Barr right away. Walker's role was severely diminished. Barr was on fire in the Maria returns saga during Culliton just before Frons arrived. He decided to make that story all about his new pet Aidan, and totally marginalized Brooke. Leslie Charleson and Genie Francis also took a beating. The ones considered most iconic like Lucci and Slezak were spared, though on what earth would Laura Spencer not be considered an iconic character.

• Members

And then you've got the following: Marj Dusay, Jennifer Bassey, Lynn Herring, Patricia Elliott, Catherine Hickland, Rachel Ames, Anna Lee, Fiona Hutchison, Eileen Kristin, Linda Dano etc who all got dumped or hit "recurring" circa 2002/2003/2004 when all the Frons agenda really came into play.

• Members

I think it probably would have if so much else hadn't hit the fan around the same time, with various actresses.

As for Laura I think that a lot of those issues probably came down to ABC and conflicts with Genie Francis. Weren't they very upset she talked in interviews about her drug use while on GH in the late 70s/early 80s?

• Members

Maybe they'll write her out in the most humiliating way possible - by having Bobbie die at GH on the hospital bed as a result of botched cosmetic surgery.

Anything to get Jackie to wake up and smell the coffee about what she's doing to her poor face.

Someone needs to let her know...

• Members

I don't care if it's rude. Zeman is an actress, therefore a public figure whose looks will always be scrutinized more so than the common person.

We have a whole thread dedicated to plastic surgery, and what Zeman has done to her face is inexcusable.

I'm all for plastic surgery when it's done right, what Jackie has done and continues to do to her face is an atrocity.

• Members

Really would u have the guts to say that to her face? Seems like you dont mind hiding behind a computer keyboard and alias andd say this crap

would u want someone to say this 2 u?

Its just the way i type sometimes is all

• Members

HA! I love Jackie Zeman and I love Bobbie Spencer...but I love that idea. Olivia Goldsmith (novelist of 'The First Wives Club') died after a chin job. Kanye West's mother. It happens.

Jackie's botched her face. It's repairable. But she really needs a total overhaul.

Archived