GH: March Discussion Thread

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I REALLY need JJ to cut back on the tears. His performance would have been much more effective without it. Maybe I'm getting immune to his emotional scenes because I thought he was average. I saw JJ trying way to hard instead of actually feeling Lucky's pain. And that's the problem with JJ currently. I don't see Lucky. All I see is JJ crying in every scene. AG however was fantastic.

Luke has always been a functional drunk and it's never been addressed. Trying to do so now with Jake wreaks. Why does everyone now automatically assume that Luke was drinking when they find out it's him? And after all the shots Luke took in front of Lucky to prove he can hold his own the dude should have been on the floor. Luke hitting Jake is just as much an accident as anyone else in Port Chuck. Trying to say he was drunk is just bad, lazy writing.

• Members

I don't know that it's lazy writing - but it's certainly the easy way out.

Standing outside of the "Southern 48", I've gotta say there's a definite Puritanical wind that's blown through the last number of years. I don't think Luke's drinking would have been the same issue 5-10 years ago and I'm a little disappointed that it's getting the blame but so glad that TG/Luke aren't willingly going there.

Regardless of how this happens, I'm thrilled that the Spencers are getting something to really wrestle with. It's been far too long since they've had material that matters.

• Members

I FFed through the Mabby scenes. Not because I felt squicked out per se (although Michael is like this asexual, (s)mothered character to me, I can't see him getting properly virile until he's in his 30s) but because they went on for [!@#$%^&*] EVER. All I wanted to see was the fallout from the Luke revelation. This gooey romance stuff seemed out of place and should maybe have occurred on an episode later in the week.

Archived