GH: March Discussion Thread

• Members

I really dont think the driver of the car can be at tioo much fault bc I can see how they plausibly could not see Jake. He is small and it was dark. Lets rememebr that the kid opened his front door and ran out into the sreet. Ithink Luke is only at fault for driving away. Elizabeth got him medical attention as soon as it happened so even if Luke stopped and aclled 911, he would still be dead. The thing truly was an accident

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Everybody will forgive him...no worries. Remember back in 1981, Luke, Laura and Robert saved the world from the Cassadine's sadistic weather machine? Luke was practically the hero. Had he not done what he did back then, nobody in Port Charles would be alive today. Luke may be haunted, but everybody should just look past that...when was the last time any of them saved the world?

Erik

• Members

GH has the best musical score. They always play it during emotional scenes and Friday was no different. They played it during Lucky and Luke's confrontation and it really sold the heartbreak and made it perfection. Both actors were terrific but JJ is ridiculous with the tears that even when the scene calls for it, it lessens the emotional impact since he constantly does it. My suggestion to JJ is cut the gotdam crying because I'm sick of it. He gets a hangnail, Lucky cries. He's yelling and screaming, he cries. He gets a weener, he cries. Even when he was ranting about Carly the dude was crying. Damn, stop sniffing those damn onions and man up! However, his realization that Luke may have been drinking that night was perfect. It was a mix of anger, empathy, confusion and hurt all rolled into one. I hope that Luke wasn't drinking but most likely he was. There's no need to bring alcohol into the mix when the current dynamics are already enough.

• Members

Elizabeth has been written and portrayed incredibly sympathetic, which I'm glad about. She could've been written as hateful and nasty as a certain someone you love on another ABC show and positively unbearable. But her pain is palpable and I find it understandable why everyone wants to take care of her. I'm glad -- especially with the way the writers have been dismantling Liz up until the accident -- that she's not running around town screeching and such.

Ugh, that played out and antiquated phrase.

That was more than enough. Thanks! :)

I don't do drugs, but damn... Kinda makes me wish I was smoking what they're smoking! All LW does when she "cries" is hide behind the tears. She doesn't act through them. She cries and then whispers and squeaks out half sentences. L I M I T E D! And the writers know this, which is why Carly has suddenly lost every ounce of vulnerability she's ever had the minute Ms. Limitations took over.

And to think... neither of them thew a pencil! A pencil!!! (I know, I know, but you might as well get used to it. I'm runnin' that sucka into ground!)

• Members

They haven't ever really said who her mother is in fourteen years so I'm not a bit surprised I found her name looking on an old website years ago but if you go to ABC.com it says unknown or it use to haven't' been there lately. Elizabeth and Sarah Webber were never close. Thats why her fans did a WTH? when she was all giddy when Nik called her to visit ker in California during Becky's ML. Sara was in Europe until then they never mentioned her.

But its the same with Robin Anna/Robert aren't around either when Mac's house burnt down birth of her child her PPD and all the other key moments in her life. Where is Bobbie when her granddaughter has major surgery? Esp with BJ's heart storyline

...I haven't seen much of this but I haven't seen Jax scenes yet. Where is Lady Jane? Everybody knows Jake is Jason' except Monica, not sure if Tracey or Edward ever found out...

I'd like at least one scene with her husband re: this...the story is still unfolding so maybe she'll

show up along with a Maxi scene since they won't use Bobby and I'm betting if a scene like this plays out she'll be comforting Lucky ..

Carly isn't thanking Elizabeth she is lauding Jason for giving her Jake's kidney when it was Elizabeth who relented but you won't hear that in dialog reiterated in scene after scene.

They don't do that kind of storytelling on this show they write for "who they want to get the emmy reels"...they already said last year this is the year of the "Spencers" so I'm not surprised they are getting written for and getting a lot of great material to work with.

Mo' Benard even tweeted that he wasn't aware that their SnB honeymoon scenes were cut for the Jake storyline. Instead of love in the afternoon its death in the afternoon.

````````````````````````````````````````

Aragorn:

that would be an awesome twist but Guza doesn't do twists and turns and he would never muddy Jason for being responsible for Jakes' death like Emily where he skated and everyone kissed his ass (same w/AJ). He died on Elizabeth's watch "while she was distracted with the Madam Ovary crappola they keep giving her but her taking the fall again doesn't surprise me.

Jason is a vanilla character everyone will apologize and tell him how wonderful he is and he did this because of Michael or he made a sacrifice some rationale that will be clubbed to death in dialog much like him being a killer because the bad guys are badder then he is and he is wonderful. Even Lucky kisses his ass.

Archived