GH: February Discussion Thread

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Im pretty sure LW's Carly has been smacked around more than any of the other Carly's combined. Emily hit her. Robin hit her. Sam hit her. Not too many people were touching Carly before she took over.

The only shame today is that they didnt let Brenda join the list

ghslapnew.gif

ghcarlyemnew.gif

ghcarlysamnew.gif

• Members

In every one of those she has that same smug ass facial expression right before she gets slapped.

When do most people think this show jumped the shark? I usually blame Opie's Opus, but looking at clips lately, I think it started going to hell a little earlier (the Carly/Tony/Bobbie story). I feel like late 97-early 98 GH started to become a completely different show.

• Members

The show is really pointing a neon sign all over her. She suddenly is back on the show after weeks gone, she just happens to be at the hotel when it is time to plant a portion of the dress and scissors. Carly was never a serious possibility in my opinion because if she were the one who did it the show would not need to get cute and make us wonder. The only reason to write it this way is so Carly could be accused wrongly and vindicated. There is no reason to keep it a mystery only to have the guilty party be the accused. I guess the new guy who works for the Balkan lives at the hotel too, but ex marines tearing up wedding dresses seems a little beneath his station as a dangerous nogoodnik.

• Members

Ethan said to Maya "Who says were not in love???"...wub.gif I just love these two.

Nik's "Wynda whaaaat??" made me LOL. All of the PCPD scenes today were fantastic...always great to see Alexis!! I cannot stand Ronnie (why is he still on the show?), but I loved when the camera cut to him cracking up at his desk at the end of the scene.

• Members

That was a great scene. It wasn't as smooth as the old Q living room scenes where they had this stuff down cold with 25 years practice, but I love group scenes where everyone had their own little bit that leads to the next actor and the next. It's a shame GH is stuck in such a 2 person to a scene quagmire, because these group scenes really bring the show to life. Comedy is harder than drama and the timing has to be right.

Archived