ALL: Oprah-Are You The Biggest Soap Opera Fan?

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Run On, I'm Every Woman, Get with the Program... I also really liked Paul Simon's Ten Years theme which had been on my mind since Oprah announced she was ending the show. I was glad to see him come back and update the lyrics.

• Members

I am no Oprah, fan, but this was such a great show and great gift to the fans left in this genre. No one else would do this, so I will applaud her for that. I thought bringing back all of Erica's husbands was genius! I loved seeing them all! David Canary! I wish he would have been interviewed, but I understand to signal him out would have been unfair. They even managed to get Michael Nader! Poor guy has been through the ringer though, he is a PSA if I ever saw one :unsure:

Darnell is slightly more tolerable when he is Darnell, when he is Jesse the hamminess is just too much. Darnell looks so much better clean shaven! Why does Jesse always have stubble?? Debbi :wub:

I loved what Genie Francis said about not wanting to play the victim anymore and how she laid it all out there on what it would take for her to come back. I really enjoyed that honesty. Also when Susan Lucci said she didn't like when Erica was a domestic (which was basically the last 2 years of McT's last reign)... subtle dig! I loved the tour of SuLu's house! When she was reading that poem Liza wrote her :(... that was so poignant.

• Members

I loved this episode. Sad that others could be on, but never know if scheduling or oprah had her picks( which is fine with me). It was great to see some of Erica's men, I would love to seen every man (recasts, love interests, etc.) I just love Angie & Jesse, daytime first and only African-American Supercouple. I loved it all! Jeanne was amazing, and Genie Francis looks amazing! Days need to grab her back up or AMC. Did Ceara die?

This should've been an all week thing: Erica & her men on Monday, supercouples on Tuesday, exes/writers on Wednesday, core families, soaphoppers, or where are they now on Thursday, and on Friday, a tribute to P&G soaps or just cancelled soaps in general.

• Members

Yeah, Ceara was killed on Loving... for what being killed on a soap is worth. I think the bigger problem would be writing for a woman her age on AMC. Even OLTL seems to handle that better.

I love your idea about the week of soaps, there was definitely more juice to be squeezed for a couple of hours, but such is life. Plus, like Oprah said, she got the people she wanted to talk to and I think her breadth of soap knowledge and interest is but so wide. Now here's an "Oprah After the Show" episode I would have loved to see!

• Members

.DH is overrated. Days has moved on without her very well.

Glad she mentioned them...I'm shocked she did. Too bad she didnt have actors from that show and their fans.

Could that have been one of our very own SON guys?...lol

Tell me about it. It should have been called the AMC reunion show. The show sucked!!

Too bad Oprah spent just 3 fu cking minutes with her!! Shame on Oprah!!!

• Members

To be fair, even the longest segments felt short to me. Like AMS said way earlier, I could have gone with a full hour devoted to Susan alone. I think we as soap fans are so hawngry an hour just isn't enough with a variety of guests once you hit the requisite sound bites that we've all heard a million times before, and of course the minutes devoted to Oprah gushing. I'm still over the moon about this show and I'm sure all the guests were beyond thrilled and flattered to be invited by Oprah to fly a few hours on her dime and spend a few minutes on her sofa.

• Members

Exactly, like ~bl~ was saying too, if people had a problem with today's show they need to get over themselves. There have been plenty of other "fluff personalities" if you will, not everyone is everyone else's cup of tea. Case in point, she's having the ladies of The View on next week. For the hour.

Archived