ALL: Oprah-Are You The Biggest Soap Opera Fan?

• Members

You know, I'm just rolling with all the Oprah gushing because I feel like she totally deserves it for this wonderful love letter to the soap fans. In one hour, she's brought me more soap-related joy than I've had actually watching the shows in quite some time.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oprah comes on in five minutes here, so you guys all have me on EDGE waiting for the show.

But my UPN MyNet station does an encore right after primetime, so I'm watching this twice.

And this is TOTALLY random, but I was just looking through some old O videos online, and she should totally bring back her oooold theme song for the last week of shows, the 80s one with the bass line. That or "SHOOP! SHOO-BEE-DO-BEE-DOOP! RUN ON RUN ON RUN ONNNNNNNNN!!!!!!"

• Members

I loved Oprah's original theme with the synth piccolo. A D.C. gogo band sampled it back in the '80s. She picked "Run On" based on the spiritul, "I believe I'll run on, see what the end will be..." when she decided that she's renew the show after much considertion. And as marceline said, yeah, she croaked it, but they soon dropped her solo. :lol:

• Members

Say what you will about Erica's men and how they look now, but at the time she married them, they were all pretty high quality stock. Especially Tom :wub:

I mostly remember the version without her singing, but fer the love er God, she stank that up. The background divas were doing work without her.

Seeing all the old pretty clips without weird stretching and tinting makes me wish someone aired regular AMC reruns.

Would have loved to see SuLu chat with each one of the husbands! Phil was such an important figure during the first ten years, and I don't think there are any clips of NB's Phil online anywhere.

• Members

Yeah, I had heard her talk about that in her Intimate Portrait and in some other interview. She was saying how the nurses were speaking about her in the past tense, like how pretty a girl she was and such. This factoid pretty much solved the mystery of her nose for me, as I'd always assumed she'd had a hump but was puzzled by her non-humped nose in that infamous high school picture we often see of her. She'd broken her nose which created the bump which as she said became more pronounced with age. She said on Oprah that she had it fixed when she was 47 (which, *ding*, was '94 when Fra Heflin passed and she went on that long break and got rejuvenated... we all know it was more than just the nose, but we don't need her to say that :P ).

• Members

Wow, I'm constantly learning new things about SuLu. I had absolutely no idea about any of that. I do recall seeing an old high school picture of her in an issue of Biography magazine where it looked like she had a Glasgow smile going on, but then I realized it was a flower in her mouth for a play :lol: So for a while I thought she'd been slashed up when she was younger.

Darnell's old HAMMY ASS needs to stop! I love them so much, though!!

• Members

LOL! Yes indeed. MEK is such a hard read at times, sometimes he seems a little withdrawn from life, but then sometimes he's just as bubbly and fun as ever.

I love how Oprah takes over the conversation to gush about herself. I just had to mute Darnell's waxing poetic about her.

Jeanne Cooper cries, so I cry as well #nature

Archived