38th Daytime Emmys are on!

AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

Soap Opera Digest

38th Annual Daytime Emmys Are On — And Will Include Web Series Awards

Digest has learned that the Daytime Emmys ceremony will indeed take place on June 19th this year, however, details surrounding the broadcast remain up in the air. Awards DirectorBrent Stanton tells Digest that the awards will also include a new category to accommodate Web series called Special Class Short Format program. "This year it will encompass all daytime genres, including Daytime Talk, Children's, How-to etc," says Stanton. "After we see what dominates in this category this year, we are looking to separate out to a more defined category." Stanton hopes the drama Web series will dominate the new category, which means fan faves including EMPIRE, VENICE and GOTHAM could be considered. Michael O'Leary (ex- Rick, GL) is thrilled with the news and is looking forward to getting his hit comedy Web series STEAMBOAT into the mix as well. "It's exciting!" he says. In other Emmy news, the Creative Arts ceremony is set for June 17 at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel in Los Angeles.

Great news! I hope they find a home to broadcast.

• Members

Web series are not daytime television, so this makes no sense at all to me.

Plus, a web series category would be a waste. I don't want to downplay the no doubt hard and dedicated work those involved are putting in, but...this whole "web soap phenomenon" that the media keeps pushing is not. happening. I can't imagine many people lining up demanding web series be included unless they're all dressed like Grimace.

• Members

I have enjoyed Steamboat, it is funny and pokes fun at soaps. At least it won't be in Vegas and be a 2 hour ad for tourism. I don't think having it in NYC anymore would work. Yes some talk shows are still out there but most of the talent is in California.

• Members

http://tvguide.ca/So...oapgeist_NB.htm

The DT Emmys will take place in Las Vegas again this year, final nominations will be announced on May 11. Here's the full schedule:

• NATAS released the 2010-11 Daytime Emmy calendar on Monday which included the date of this year's Emmys, June 19, in Las Vegas. For web soap enthuasiasts, New Approaches is back and a new Short Format Program category has been added. Check out the calendar below.

Feb. 1, 2011: Deadline to complete online entry data ("paperwork" portion only) and apply to judge.

Feb. 18, 2011: General deadline for delivery of DVD submissions to All Mobile Video in NYC.

Feb. 25, 2011: Drama Series Performer categories pre-nomination results

March 11, 2011: Drama Performer DVD submissions due to All Mobile Video (after pre-nomination process has determined individuals advancing to the screening round). Deadline also for any supporting documentation for Drama categories.

Week of March 31, 2011: Judging DVDs are sent out and judging begins.

April 25, 2011: Judging ballots return deadline

May 11, 2011: Nomination announcements

June 17, 2011: Daytime Creative Arts and Entertainment Emmy ceremony — Westin Bonaventure Hotel, Downtown Los Angeles.

June 19, 2011: Daytime Entertainment Emmy Awards — Hilton Hotel, Las Vegas.

• Members

As much as I originally hated this "stunt casting" of Franco, I like him. He never talks down about GH, IMO. He keeps coming back. How many other actors would come back the same year they were hosting the oscars and most likely being nominated for one? Him hosting the emmy's would be good.

Archived