The Entire Cast of Family Ties to Reunite for the 9th Annual TV Land Awards

Soapsuds

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL...I wanted to be supersmart like Alex P. Keaton. So you had a poster of him?...hehe....I had Wonder Woman and Charlies Angels posters...lol. Eric at 6 hmmmm.....you dont have any pics do you?...Love to see them on your FB account.:P

I didnt know that was your favorite show as a kid. I loved the show too but there were lots I loved in the 80's.

Do you have any on DVD Eric??

• Members

SFK, have you heard the full-length version that Johnny and Niecy did? It's here. I love me some Niecy!!

I like Family Ties, and I've even started to like The Cosby Show again, so I guess I'll tune in for them. I doubt Bonsall's punk rawk ass will be there, regardless of if he's in jail or not. I imagine MJF will have Tracy Pollan with him. And I'm sure that lame ass Skippy's gonna be there too. I wonder who all out of the gazillion Cosby Show people will be there. Bill, Phyl, and the kids for sure, but maybe Raven, Pam, and/or one of the sons-in-law too.

As much as I can't stand TV Land now, I do like that they're keeping the focus of the awards on older shows. All of the random reunions have been interesting at times and cringe-worthy at others. I loved the Knots crew a few years back, and I loved the Bosom Buddies group last year.

Of course, my dream Three's Company reunion can never happen :( I just wish someone could just get Joyce and Suzanne together. They're long overdue for a reconciliation, and I thought John's death might have helped them realize that.

• Members

Ah yes, Niecy, one of the many awesome voices to come out of that grand ol' Church of God in Christ. I don't think this is the version on my sitcom theme songs CD, wait, oh hell no, she just broke it down at 2:08, never heard this! Thanks, I love it! When I was a kid, I had a crush on this girl who lived a few doors down and one day she put on a show (you know, kids) and sang "Let's Hear it for the Boys" to me like something straight out of Love Actually and I had the craziest butterflies in my stomach, me and Niecy go BACK!

Wait, so TCS cast's gonna be there too?? Will Lilakoi Lisa be there?? I would love it if Peter showed up, seeing him again was like the highlight of the NBC special they did a few years back.

• Members

Phylicia just wrapped a play at D.C.'s Arena Stage and I am SO pissed at myself for missing it! Second play she's done there that I have missed. I just finished John Waters' latest book and he has a chapter devoted to Johnny Mathis, it's very interesting.

• Members

Hahah yeah I guess I had a crush on J Fox too (and I saw Back to the Future soon after--and can remember being home sick and for some reason watching Secret of My Success over and over again--a film I'm kinda surprised my parents let me watch--if they knew anyway), I can remember being excited to have the poster (my other posters were stuff like trains, transformers and Disney lol). But Family Ties was my fave--I still have the board game (don't get the Skippy card!) Yeah I'll put some kid pics up on my FB sometime :P

Don't have any DVDs. Family Ties was also one of the few shows us kids loved and so did my parents (I think my parents back then were a lot like the parents in there--ex hippy, etc). My other fave show was prob Facts of Life (LOL) but I watched that in reruns after school. Actually I don't have any on DVD--I always think I should get some but till recently you could always find reruns, and I never bothered. If I saw a set cheap I might pick it up though :P

• Members

He LOVES Johnny--he talks a lot about him in his recent Vanity Fair piece too.

I saw Phylicia is in some lame looking tv movie on Fox that just aired or is coming up. People love to mock her pretentiousness--which I find hysterical I admit--but I often forget how strong an actress she is--I recently got the cast album for LaChiusa (who IMHO is the next Sondheim--brilliant composer of course with next to no commercial success)'s musical production of Bernarda Alba and she is *outstanding* on it even without the visuals.

Cosby Show was the other show we always watched as a family actually (well and Rags to Riches but I think my parents couldn't stand that lol)--I remember it being a big deal when we were five or six being allowed to stay up to 8:30 to watch it (cuz our neighbours family all did and would all talk about it).

(Took me a while to find out who the Hell Niecy was. Hear it for the Boy is of course a guilty fave :P Got me the 12" remix on a vinyl single somewhere)

• Members

I watched FT weekly but never had the same emotional connect I did to Cosby. My mother LOVED Alex, just as she loved Doogie. With FT I have a very hard time remembering plots, just moments. Like them dancing to ♫What would you think... I would do at this moment♫, and the final ep where they curtain called... Courtney Cox, Skippy, Nick, Tom Hanks, Gina Davis... I do remember the one where the black neighbors' house was vandalized and they didn't quite finish spraypainting the N-word and smeone finished it with what i don't remember...

• Members

Michael was cute. I remember when he first showed his shirtless chest on the show...lol At the time I swooned....hehe....i know why you had a crush on him..he could be so conceited but yet so vunerable epecially when he was in love with the Tracy Pollen character. I didnt know of any board game. I wonder if its worth anything now?? YOu might be rich...lol

I have all the 5 seasons of FT and FOL too. They arent shown here anywhere on reruns.:P

BTW..what was wrong with Secret of My Success?? Why would you mom had not approved it?? I remember seeing bits and pieces of it.

And yes please put pics of you at 6 on your FB account.;)

• Members

Oh my God, Rags to Riches Eric?? I really wasn't trying to go into my nostalgia mode this evening! :lol: That was like Annie meets Cop Rock, WAY ahead of its time, lol! I think that's where I first encountered Tisha Campbell, this was a little before Little Shop. I of course knew Tichina from All My Children.

Yes, I remember when Phyl was in Bernarda Alba, didn't see it though, same with her in Cymbeline which she got panned for (too OTT). Ugh, and Martha Plimpton was in that and I'm not a huge fan of hers. But yeah, Phyl's tony speech, lmao, all that was missing was the sceptre. I love her though, and the thing is, she talks like that in her Intimate Portrait interview for godsakes, it's just who she is and I think the Buddhism has a lot to do with it, the "love and light"-type stuff.

Archived