The Entire Cast of Family Ties to Reunite for the 9th Annual TV Land Awards

Soapsuds

• Members

SFK, I wish I knew you as a kid. All of these stories you tell are too hilarious and cute :lol: As for Niecy, all I need to hear is the first few bars of "Cause You Love Me Baby" and I'm back at a wedding or party or something shaking my little behind on the floor amongst the grown folks.

Lord knows if Lisa will be there. I'd love to see a sit-down between her and Bill to just discuss their differences. That would be some ish to see.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh my God, Bill and Lisa on Oprah, must-see TV that would be. Like when Oprah and Whoopi finally sat down, I was GLUED. LOL AMS, I know, I should shut up with my anecdotes like I'm an old man, I swear I can't help myself. :lol: And you know I'm fascinated by your life in Looziana, Messy Mya was some eye-opening ish!

• Members

I don't remember plots as well as I do other shows actually, just moments--like Mallory singing 99 bottles of nail polish on the wall, Alex's Christmas Carol dream, one about an alcoholic uncle or something (a classic 80s sitcom Now You Know moment)...

And please NEVER utter Alex and Doogie Howser in the same sentence again. Even as a child I found Doogie so obnoxious I wanted to kick the tv. Prob why despite Neil Patrick Harris popping up in things I should love (Sondheim concerts! Joss Whedon shows! Having babies with hot Broadway dancer!), I can't stand him. -_-

She was on AMC?? I love her--such an underated talent (who was stuck on that crappy sitcom far too long). Yeah Rags to Riches was a HUGE fave with us kids--I've tracked down youtube clips since then but it doesn'texactly hold up lol. But it was exactly the kind of stuff the kids in my family (even my hockey loving brother) ate up at the time.

• Members

Yeah! She played Charlotte, Mrs. Valentine's (Phoebe's maid) granddaughter. Not too long ago, she played Evilene in an L.A. revival of The Wiz starring Ashanti. Okay, so which sitcom are you talking about, Martin or Everybody Hates Chris because they are both gems! And just to be clear, we aren't confusing Tichina and Tisha are we?

I remember the little girl on RtR singing about her ♫saxophone!♫ and the weird artsy gothy punk girl going on some Russian novelist's diet where she ate some sort of gruel that smelled foul. Weird show, but fun. It must have been ABC right, maybe NBC. It had a Punky Brewster vibe.

Oh man, AMS and I were complaining about Doogie in the other thread (feud with EB). he is just a little too *visible* right now, my brother came into the room about an hour ago saying, "I didn't know NPH was gay." Me: Where have YOU been?? I see from the other thread that he must have just seen him on the Peoples Choice Awards.

Haha, I remember Mallory and the 99 Bottles of Nail Polish and that "Very Special Episode" (I think FT and Growing Pains both did an episode where Alex and Mike were up in the middle of the night and saw a recently deceased loved one and spilled milk all over the kitched floor only for their parents to discover it the next morning). GP was pretty much a bootleg FT, something I was too young and naive to catch on to as a child.

• Members

Elyse's alcoholic brother was played by Tom Hanks! How could yall not mention that?!! I believe it was one of his first dramatic parts.

Yes, NPH was on the People's Choice Awards. His winning/speech didn't annoy me because...you know, whatever. And I do like that he can get up there and freely talk about his hunka burnin' love and their babies without being fired. But he also appeared to give Queen a "grade" on her hosting. Which...boy, PLEASE SIT DOWN.

Yall are making me sad. I wish I could remember stuff like FT and GP in their original run. I do have my Step by Step, Boy Meets World, and Family Matters memories to keep my warm, though. Speaking of which, any one of those is due for a reunion of some sort. Though I think the Bells are trying to make it happen for the latter.

• Members

Yeah, I namechecked Tom a few posts back, I remember him drinking vanilla extract! I think he hit the Scope too but i could be confusing that with stories about my grandfather ( :ph34r: ).

I'm right there with you AMS, don't feel sad, you still got in under the wire. :lol: I'm thinking you were born around '89. All of those TGIF shows were my second wave of family-oriented sitcoms that I fondly remember from late elementary years through high school (Diff'rent Strokes, Webster, Punky Brewster, Small Wonder and all that were in my elementary school years). I think by the time I graduated though, FM had moved to CBS, Step By Step had just ended, and Corey, Topanga and them were wrapping it up.

• Members

Let's not stop with these memories. Because of my age I, of course, was far into Boy Meets World, Step by Step, Family Matters, Full House. I do remember watching The Hogan Family and Growing Pains back to back on some semi-religious Canadian channel for years. And Family Ties I've watched few and far between. So please, keep on talkin' :)

• Members

'Mello, I *think* that network you were watching may have been Odyssey. Here in the states, Odyssey debuted around '97 and I remember catching reruns of those shows along with Kate & Allie and Sister Kate (starring Sable Colby herself, Miss Stephanie Beacham as a nun who ran an oprhanage). I remember that the channel had a subtle religious angle and it went on to become PAX and now ION.

^^Look at my typo of "orphanage", that's what happened to Oprah.

• Members

I was born in early '90, so I'm good. The thing is, in the 90s, like 75% of what was on cable and the locals were reruns of stuff from the 70s and 80s (and older), so I pretty much grew up with the best of all of the eras (well, the best of the 50s-80s...I watched some clunkers in the 90s though, like the Olsen twins' show Two of a Kind). At one point, I probably watched Three's Company, Bewitched, Webster, Lucy, What's Happening, Charles in Charge, Roseanne, and Married with Children all in one sitting.

I think anyone who remembers when Saturdays would have all-new programming can be nostalgic. Anybody after that needs to sit down for a while.

Odyssey didn't turn into PAX, it turned into Hallmark. I watched Odyssey, too...I mostly remember ALF, The Muppet Show, Happy Days, and (ugh) Doogie Howser. When they switched over to Hallmark, they added more old shows (Hart to Hart!!!). Somehow, they've morphed into what they are today...I like my Golden Girls and my LHOTP and Who's the Boss and what-not, but give me early Hallmark any day.

I remember early PAX, too. Mainly Highway to Heaven, The Hogan Family, and Eight is Enough.

• Members

Did a little research and the network is still around, I just don't watch it anymore, for no reason in particular. CTS! is thy name. Here's it's Wiki Page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossroads_Television_System

This network use to air THE FLYING NUN. I never tested those waters, though. FAMILY AFFAIR was watched a few times as well.

• Members

You're younger me? That doesn't seem right. And WOW, Two of a Kind! The Olsen twins were basically God in my house with that show, Double Double, Toil & Trouble, It Takes Two and all those little films they did when they were children where they'd get into some sort of shenanigan at home. LoL

• Members

The Adventures of Mary-Kate and Ashley!! My cousin and I watched the show and read the books. I absolutely adored them, and even now, when I remember the little cards I had, I almost sort of tear up. Unfortunately, at one point, my parents decided that MK&A weren't appropriately role models for a little black boy in south Louisiana. And so they threw away the cards, made the books disappear, and I guess fate was on their side because the show stopped coming on TV. Ugh. Ugh, ugh, ugh. They did the same thing to my love of The Golden Girls and Designing Women.

Archived