WORST NEWCOMER tie, Gabriel, ATWT, nuLibby, ATWT

MOST OVEREXPOSED STAR Julie Pinson

BEST RECAST Marcy Rylan

WORST RECAST nuThomas, B&B

BEST STORYLINE Carjack reunite, ATWT

WORST STORYLINE tie, Blackie woos Janet, ATWT; Brooke sexes up Ollie, B&B

BEST COUPLE Carly/Jack, ATWT

WORST COUPLE Lily/Craig, ATWT

BEST SOAP NEWS STORY/BEHIND THE SCENES CHANGE Bryggman returns for ATWT's final days

WORST SOAP NEWS STORY/BEHIND THE SCENES CHANGE SoapNet gets canceled in 2012

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Best Soap - Jupiter Moon, which you can find on Netflix -- of the current shows, I guess I'll throw a bone to ATWT

Worst Soap - Y&R

Best Actor - Don Hastings (ATWT)

Best Actress - Kathryn Hays, Liz Hubbard (ATWT)

Best Newcomer - Eric Sheffer Stevens

Worst Newcomer - Lenny Platt, NuLiberty, Gabriel

Most Overexposed Star - Trevor St. John (OLTL), Rebecca Budig and Cameron Mathison (AMC) and Terri Conn (ATWT)

Best Recast - Suzanne Shaw (Eve Birch, Emmerdale)

Worst Recast - Stephen Nichols and Eden Reigel (Fluckers and Heather, Y&R)

Best Storyline - Bob and Kim celebrate anniversary/get married, ATWT

Worst Storyline - Where do you begin? OLTL psychos gone wild. OLTL Ford F***us. Y&R Heather/Ronan/Chloe/Chance. Y&R Sharon mistaking c*cks for carousel horses. GH and their shameful, pathetic "abuse is love/women deserve to get beaten" Kristina story; GH for their gutless story about Michael maybe being raped only to be healed by the is she a stripper who is twice his age. ATWT Nancy's death being about POOR POOR POOR Katie.

Best Couple - Bob and Kim ATWT

Worst Couple - Ford and Langston OLTL

Best soap news - No soaps canceled in 2010.

Worst soap news/behind the scenes - The ugly and petty smears lobbed at Scott Evans and Brett Claywell and the blatant scapegoating of minorities by ABC/OLTL.

Honorable mention:

Best Episode - ATWT's Bob/Kim anniversary episodes.

Worst Episode - ATWT Ciccione family funeral, an entire day of Liberty and Janet with the family from hell -- the scene with Liberty and the mean auntie is one of the worst I have ever seen on daytime.

• Members

BEST SOAP

Days. It was horrible during the spring, but has started to get better since Alice's memorial. It showcases its vets, the show is somewhat balanced even though they could tone it down with the triangle from hell (Ej/Sami/Rafe). I am loving the direction the show is going in and cant wait to see what 2011 brings for us Days fans.

WORST SOAP

Y&R. This show is just horrible. Horrible recasts, stories, just everything. The Lauren/Sarah Smythe crap is the worst story in the shows history.

MOST IMPROVED SOAP

AMC. It is a little boring, but has improved tremendously from Pratt's choppy and stunt driven crap. Not to mention the show looks gorgeous compared to that FilmLook crap they had in New York.

BEST ACTOR

Michael Park, ATWT

BEST ACTRESS

Arianne Zucker, DAYS

BEST NEWCOMER

Eric Sheffer Stevens, ATWT

WORST NEWCOMER

Nic Robuck, OLTL

MOST OVEREXPOSED STAR

Vanessa Marcil, GH

BEST RECAST

Chandler Massey, DAYS

WORST RECAST

Eden Reigel, Y&R

BEST STORYLINE

Kristina's Abuse, GH

WORST STORYLINE

Teenage Jessica, OLTL

BEST COUPLE

Maggie and Victor, DAYS

WORST COUPLE

John and Natalie, OLTL

BEST SOAP NEWS STORY/BEHIND THE SCENES CHANGE

Zimmer to OLTL; Days renewed through 2013

WORST SOAP NEWS STORY/BEHIND THE SCENES CHANGE

Duplaix, Clifton, Claywell, Evans OUT at OLTL

BEST RETURN

Larry Bryggman, ATWT

WORST RETURN

Gina Tognoni, OLTL

BEST VILLAIN

Vivian, DAYS

WORST VILLAIN

Eli, OLTL

BEST NEW COUPLE

JR/Annie, AMC

WORST FAMILY

The Fords, OLTL

• Members

BEST SOAP:- DAYS OF OUR LIVES gets it sort of by default (see Most Improved). Alice's death & funeral was the best tribute to a long-time cast member/veteran that I've seen on any soap in my lifetime. But it wasn't just that- while 2009 was solid, it was pretty much driven by 1 story- the baby switch. While 2010 started off a bit rocky, this is the year where I really felt DAYS found its footing. There was a little something for everyone, vets were paid attention to, and characters were once again rounded out instead of just being pawns of a story. While some stories worked better than others, DAYS was the only soap in 2010 that genuinely surprised me- and more than once at that. Here's hoping they keep up the momentum in 2011!

WORST SOAP: THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS For the second disappointing year in a row, Y&R easily wins this category. There were maybe a handful of episodes that were even good, and I could count on one hand how many I found great. The stories were lackluster, the canvas overloaded, and actors misused. At least 2009 was still pretty good for the first 5 months of the year. 2010 was dreadful from beginning to end, to the point where I don't see how it's even possible that the show will get it together.

MOST IMPROVED SOAP: AS THE WORLD TURNS would have probably been my best soap, had DAYS not been so good in 2009 and ATWT so awful. It took the show getting cancelled for it to finally get good, but the whole year, I found myself thoroughly entertained by ATWT, which was not an easy feat. Characters I loathed or was indifferent to in their first go-round, like Molly, I actually enjoyed when they returned. Lucinda went back to her devilish ways and actually drove story! The improbable Barbara/Henry romance ended up being my favorite love story of 2010. Sure they had missteps- like NuChris, NuChris & Katie, and Reid's death- but for the mostpart, ATWT went out on top of its game and with its identity back intact. Good for them! I miss it every day, especially with the current state of soaps.

BEST ACTOR: JON LINDSTROM, ATWT This was a tough call for me, as nobody completely blew me away this year. But Lindstrom did the unthinkable- he got me to like and sympathize with Craig again, something that hadn't been accomplished simultaneously since Scott Bryce's first run on the show. He took a character I once thought had gone to the point of no return and made him one of my top reasons to tune in to ATWT this year and he did it with ease. I hope he earns his second Emmy nomination come spring because IMO, he certainly deserves it.

BEST ACTRESS: COLLEEN ZENK, ATWT This category was easy for me- no actress on daytime gave the layered, nuanced, beautifully human performance that Zenk delivered this year. Barbara's pain as Henry & Vienna got together and Vienna got pregnant was palatable, her emotions over being an older woman who felt very much alone so honest. If Zenk is not on the Emmy ballot this year, the category won't be a fair fight. She was magnificent!

BEST NEWCOMER: ERIC SHEFFER STEVENS, ATWT I don't think any newcomer made the impression on daytime that Stevens did this past year, maybe even 5 or 10 years. So fresh, so natural, so great. I will say that Garrett Ryan (Kyle, Y&R) gave him a run for his money, if only for sticking it to Phyllis.

WORST NEWCOMER: JULIA PACE MITCHELL, Y&R Didn't live up to the hype. At. ALL.

MOST OVEREXPOSED STAR: MICHAEL MUHNEY & MICHELLE STAFFORD, Y&R And they believe their own hype too. Muhney's gotten better, but I don't feel he's deserving of all the accolades and attention he's gotten. Stafford's just gotten progressively worse. Much, MUCH worse.

BEST RECAST: CHANDLER MASSEY, DAYS I actually like the actor playing Will Horton. I NEVER thought I'd say that- they've been awful since that creepy kid played him in the 90s.

WORST RECAST: DANIEL COSGROVE, ATWT EDEN RIEGEL, Y&R DARIUS MCCRARY, Y&R Each were terrible choices and none properly suited their role.

BEST STORYLINE: NUT-MEG, ATWT Meg went from being one of my favorite characters on the show to dull as dishwater in her pairing with Paul to being the most delightfully entertaining psycho of 2010. Her antics with Damien, then Emily, had me glued to my set. The twist that she was actually drugging herself(!) to frame Emily was probably my favorite of all of 2010. While I missed having her around for the finale, at least she went out with a bang!

WORST STORYLINE: DOPPELGANGER HELL, Y&R One doppelganger was bad enough, but 2? While I hated the Patty/Emily story more, adding Sarah Smythe/Lauren to the mix AND having Sarah KNOW Patty was a total jump the shark moment, this on a show that had a Chipmunk from Zoobilee Zoo taunting a character into robbing banks last year. But yup, this was dumber and worse.

BEST COUPLE: BARBARA AND HENRY, ATWT On paper, I never thought it would have worked, but Trent Dawson and Colleen Zenk sold the hell out of it. In the process, I fell in love with them. There was no couple that made me laugh harder, cry harder, or root harder in 2010 than Henry & Babs.

WORST COUPLE: RYAN AND GREENLEE, AMC CHRIS AND KATIE, ATWT (tie) Whoever decided that Rylee were THE supercouple of AMC (Frons :angry: ) was smokin some serious pipe. Having an awful, chemistry-free couple drive story for the entire year was an even dumber idea. Chris and Katie didn't do that, but were SO forced that they rated the tie. To think that Katie was part of two of my favorite ATWT couplings of the past 10 years (Matie & Skatie) and she ended up with Chris friggin Hughes is a damn shame and a crime.

BEST SOAP NEWS STORY/BEHIND THE SCENES CHANGE: DAYS GETS RENEWED THRU 2013! nuff said

WORST SOAP NEWS STORY/BEHIND THE SCENES CHANGE: SOAPNET GOES DARK IN 2012! nuff said

• Members

BEST SOAP....Not one...they all suck

WORST SOAP.....Y&R..because it was so good before Maria and Co. got their Scrooge hands on it.

MOST IMPROVED SOAP....eh.....ATWT at the end of its run.

BEST ACTOR...Larry Bryggman..in his short return

BEST ACTRESS...Colleen Zenk

BEST NEWCOMER....Eric Sheffer Stevens..

WORST NEWCOMER...Any of the Ford brothers...Inez included

MOST OVEREXPOSED STAR...Cameron Mathison...ugh.....

BEST RECAST....none that i can think of

WORST RECAST....Darius McCrary

BEST STORYLINE...John returns to Oakdale

WORST STORYLINE...anything Y&R

BEST COUPLE...Carly & Jack and Lucinda/John

WORST COUPLE....Anyone couple on Y&R

BEST SOAP NEWS STORY/BEHIND THE SCENES CHANGE...None

WORST SOAP NEWS STORY/BEHIND THE SCENES CHANGE...ATWT cancelled...last episode

• Members

BEST SOAP: AMC

WORST SOAP: Y&R

MOST IMPROVED SOAP:DAYS

BEST ACTOR: David Canary

BEST ACTRESS: Debbie Morgan (As Always)

BEST NEWCOMER: Trent Garrett

WORST NEWCOMER: Lenny Platt

MOST OVEREXPOSED STAR: Cameron Mathison

BEST RECAST: Christina Benett Lind

WORST RECAST: Darius McCrary

BEST STORYLINE: Angie Goes Blind, Evil Clint

WORST STORYLINE: Whole Sharron/Adam romance

BEST COUPLE: Annie/JR

WORST COUPLE: Ryan/Greenlee

BEST SOAP NEWS STORY/BEHIND THE SCENES CHANGE: No Soaps are Canceled

WORST SOAP NEWS STORY/BEHIND THE SCENES CHANGE: ATWT air's its final episode; Veterans on AMC and DOOL pass away.

• Members

I'd still love to hear your views on OLTL, Eric.

Biggest Ego for me would have to be Eric Braeden. It's embarrassing to see this man repeatedly go to the press and talk about how he wants NPH to be beaten up. This man is an ambassador for Y&R and he pisses that away for a few seconds of media attention.

I had blocked out Teen Jessica, and forgotten about Barbara/Henry, which I did enjoy a lot and which was, compared to many modern soap relationships, a well-written, slow-moving love story.

I was so impressed with Liz Hubbard this year, and the sudden reactivation of her character is a huge example of writing not being anywhere near as difficult as those in charge might like to claim. Lucinda, unlike, say, Asa 2.0 Snidely Whiplash Clint, is a character who by definition is a control freak, insecure, a meddler, thrives on conflict. You can have her running around as a big plot device and still stay true to her character because that's what she is -- that's what Marland knew for years and years. It was never natural for Lucinda to only show up long enough to babysit the kids or have an illness. As someone who last really cared about a Lily/Holden story back when Heather Rattray was around, it was Lucinda and her finger in every pie that made me interested again. Seeing her simultaneously working to take Craig's money, get that awful Gabriel out of town, and expose Molly's covered up shooting was great viewing. I'm sorry that it didn't last longer and that her reunion with John was mostly offcamera.

I also have to praise Lesli Kay for her work as Molly. Most soap returns fail, but hers was a real highlight, in spite of her serving solely as an obstacle to Lily/Holden. The strong chemistry between Lesli and Jon Hensley, along with the writing which showed Molly trying to be a good friend to Holden's kids and still respect Lily's boundaries, managed to generally give Molly dignity, which is not something you can often say about that character. The episode where she left Oakdale and Holden because she realized Abigail was repeating her bad patterns was one of my favorites of 2010. It's a shame that Brad Bell will still continue to give stories to frozen-faced nobodies instead of using one of his show's best talents.

• Members

I've only followed it on the boards, but frankly NPH was so out of line and childish in tweeting his displeasure, that I understand EB going off on him. Sure, in the end, NPH may be a bigger star than EB ever was---but Doogie Houser MD alone should keep NPH humble until his last breath. Until HIMYM came along, NPH was a has been.

I gotta admit, I'm embarrassed also to have forgotten Babs/Henry when voting. They were truly the surprise of the year on ATWT.

Oh, and I forgot...Worst Soap Journalist Nelson I'll-pimp-Anything-AustinPeck/TerriColumbino Branco and Least Surprising Divorce Terri Columbino

• Members

BEST SOAP One Life To Live

WORST SOAP The Young & the Restless

MOST IMPROVED SOAP Days of our Lives

BEST ACTOR Jerry Ver Dorn, OLTL

BEST ACTRESS Florencia Lozano, OLTL

BEST NEWCOMER Kimberly Matula, B&B

WORST NEWCOMER David Gregory, OLTL; Sarah Brown, B&B (good actress, terrible character)

MOST OVEREXPOSED STAR Eric Braeden, Y&R

BEST RECAST Tom Degnan, OLTL

WORST RECAST Eden Riegel, Y&R

BEST STORYLINE Evil Clint, OLTL

WORST STORYLINE The Ford Brothers descend on Llanview, Psycho Eli Saga, Teen Jessica - OLTL

BEST COUPLE Cris & Layla, OLTL

WORST COUPLE Ford & Langston, OLTL; Nick & Aggie, B&B

BEST SOAP NEWS STORY/BEHIND THE SCENES CHANGE Days' renewal

WORST SOAP NEWS STORY/BEHIND THE SCENES CHANGE Frances Reid's death; OLTL firing minorities and blaming them for the ratings decline.

MOST UNDERUSED CHARACTER Roxy, OLTL

• Members

BEST SOAP - Days Of Our Lives

WORST SOAP - All My Children

MOST IMPROVED SOAP - None

BEST ACTOR - Jerry Ver Dorn, OLTL

BEST ACTRESS - Maura West, ATWT

BEST NEWCOMER - Christina Lind, AMC

WORST NEWCOMER - too many to choose from, but not the Ford bros. on OLTL; I like them.

MOST OVEREXPOSED STAR - Eric Braeden, YR

BEST RECAST - Marcy Rylan, YR

WORST RECAST - Darius Mcrary, YR

BEST STORYLINE - Evil Eli (second half), OLTL

WORST STORYLINE - Evil Eli (first half), OLTL

BEST COUPLE - Luke & Tracy, GH

WORST COUPLE - Ryan & Greenlee, AMC

BEST SOAP NEWS STORY/BEHIND THE SCENES CHANGE - DAYS, YR, BB are renewed

WORST SOAP NEWS STORY/BEHIND THE SCENES CHANGE - ATWT goes dark

Archived