OLTL: Discussion for the week December 13

• Members

They should honor some of the old after school specials and have Langston jump out a plate glass window high on hash.

Remember that domestic violence is only bad if you're a bad person. If you're a good person, like Todd, domestic violence is love.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow can't even decipher who could've killed Eddie yet after that ending ohmy.gif I doubt it's James though cause I think that would just be to obvious...first guess, I'm saying Nate or Inez.

I can't stand Nora, but I felt bad for her when she was in the car talking about how Eddie almost raped her. Can I just say LOL @ her seeing some french fries in the back seat of Rex's car and him saying those were like a week old, don't eat them. LOL.

Eddie Alderson was on fire today, I felt Matthews anger. He called Inez a bitch, a whore and a homewrecker! It was sad hearing him say that Clint is the only one to trust in his life...wow wait til you find out he's really not ;-o

• Members

I can't believe they cut into solid drama with B&N/Matthew/Clint/Inez for a goddamn boxing match. It was like that lame-ass boxing story with Cris, Evangeline and Vincent's sorry ass all over again, only somehow worse.

Nate looks like a damn chipmunk, especially in the opening. Every time I see him I want to pop those nuts he's storing for the winter out of his mouth.

• Members

Flashing that "Several Hours Later" seemed very amateurish to me for some reason. I hope they don't go all 24 and stretch it out a week for every hour or some crap like that for the denoument. Eddie is dead too soon. Why couldn't they have killed their more recent lame ass villains with the quickness? The whole boxing match idea is ludicrous[/@Mike.Tyson] and I guffawed when Ford had a throwaway line about Eddie belonging to a fight club (although Pine Valley's Ryan Lavery takes the prize for stupid soapy Fight Club references).

• Members

Oh wow. A murder mystery. For a psychopath that NOBODY liked. Exciting. I think I actually would take more to this story, as much as I don't care, if they had waited a few more months since our last psycho storyline (even if it wasn't so much a murder mystery, close enough). It's like as soon as one leaves the canvas a new one saddles into place--and I'm worried Clint is next.

• Members

I know right, killing Clint would be such a major fuk-u to the fans, and yes I know a lot of fans already feel they're getting that with the way he's being written. Killing someone off is so less interesting than forcing people to deal with him. You don't have to be trite and try to redeem the dude, but why can't we explore the life of a character who is just a plain jerk. I mean, it's seemed to have worke for Todd. And once again, killing off this "monster" isn't going to make me like the Ford boys any more. And if you doubt that's what the shows been trying so damn hard to do, look closer.

Evidently, I missed the scene where Langston told Ford that they had to wait 6 months before having sex. I was so :blink: and :mad: by the way she was suddenly being written like Flo Castleberry going gaga over the sight of male flesh. Realizing the whole deal with Ford thing, it made a little more sense, yet through it all it's she who comes across looking like the weak one who's having trouble sticking to her guns while there's nary a scene of Ford showing the slightest signs of his sex addiction. THEN they have Langston say that she'll sleep with him if he doesn't fight ( :o and young girls watch this sh!t??) but our Hero Ford politely laughs off such a sweet notion, he cares for her far too much for that. "Awwww!! :wub: " <_< You know, if they insisted upon explaining Ford's issues away and making him a misunderstood nice guy, at least give him a new girl. I realize that this is a soap opera and by no means an example to live by, but there are so many young (and old!) girls out there who give assholes second third fourth and fifth chances, Langston should have wiped herself clean of that mess and started anew.

• Members

My guess is they don't want us to deal with Eddie because they don't want viewers to possibly a) feel something for him and thus make the Fords look bad or b ) get sick of him to the point where all the Fords are negatively impacted.

They can't have Langston move on because they think that having her fawn over Ford is a way to show us he has been redeemed. As soon as the show feels he has been redeemed, I'm sure they will find a new plastic princess, like dreary Aubrey, for him to pout his lips at.

I think Clint will stay on as an Alan Spaulding figure who exists solely to drive plot for others and to be the evil foil to our heroes -- it's Brody and Matthew I tend to wonder about. If you're a threat to the show/Frons favorites, look out.

• Members

Yes, to all of that, Carl. And kudos on your wisdom to put that extra space between the b and the ) thusly avoidng the emoticon. :lol:

Losing Brody and/or Matthew would be a big mistake, two of the best actors they've got. If they got rid of them and kept some of the other flotsam and jetsam, I think I'd seriously have to consider taking a stand when it comes to watching this show.

• Members

I don't see them screwing over the star of the show's brother. It's just not going to happen.

I'm curious what you guys think. Are all the current Ford bro pairings gonna last or do you think they'll be splitting them off anytime soon? I don't want THREE Starr and Cole situations, where other partners aren't even options for years on end. It's just stale and boring, especially since we're talking about the Fords.

• Members

"Eddie, Baby, Bubbeleh! We've got a GREAT new s/l for you man. Thing is, you're gonna hafta makeout with yer sister. That's right baby, Statthew! It's happenin'! Like, 'Finally!' I know, right!? :D So Eddie, ya GOTTA tell me if this is a problem man. I hope it's cool. Cuz, like, I'm not gonna lie, we're gonna hafta get another guy in the role if it is. Soooo aiight man, think about it, talk to your sister when she comes down from signing her new contract, and just lemme know bro! Deuces!"

• Members

I think they will become what the ladies have traditionally been, I think Starr and Langston and their portrayers' heads are gonna spin when they find themselves kicked to the curb come summer/fall. Not that there won't be new guys for them, but these boys are going to have a traditionally female function on this show. In my humble opinion.

Archived