(All Soaps) Any long running characters with no children?

• Members

I don't know if Mike counts because I think in his '09 guest appearance when Jack saw him in South Carolina he had a baby with his new wife.

Of course there are examples like Paul and Esther on Y&R who have kids but go for YEARS without seeing them or being involved(Hello Ricky Williams!)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think so. Especially since ATWT and GL are now added to the list of soaps that are no longer on the air. And some people from ATWT have already been mentioned.

I would even count some characters who never had kids before they were killed off. As long as they were on a show at least a while and long enough to have kids. (Like Macy from B&B. She was on that show for a long time, but never had kids before she was killed off.)

• Members

OLTL:

Christian... been on the show since 1996, no kids yet... and I don't think anyone ever even been pregnant by him either. I think Jen faked a pregnancy but she wasn't actually pregnant.

John... been on the show since 2003, no kids yet... came close with Marty but she lost it. It's possible that Natalie's baby is his but that's not really certain yet either.

• Members

Did Wanda on OLTL have any kids?

I feel like at the rate they're going, they'll eventually take Schuyler away from Roxie too. :wacko: And Myrtle from AMC would have been a classic example had they not sprung the Rae Cummings stuff.

• Members

Joe never had any kids!? WTF! I know that it's realistic for some straight people to never have kids despite always being romantically involved with someone, but someone should have taken it upon themselves to plan for the future. But then again, there are a ton of long-running UK soap character with no offspring. Rita, Emily, and Norris from Corrie, for example. Even though she was in her 40s or so when she came on, I can't believe Rita never had one of her own.

• Members

I thought Melissa was Mickey's kid biologically, just not Maggie's. Didn't he knock up Mary Anderson? Or am I confused there?

Santa Barbara's Kelly Capwell never had any children of her own. I'm not even sure she was ever pregnant & miscarried.

Another World's Marley Hudson is another who never had any kids. Ditto Matt Cory.

Archived