(All Soaps) Any long running characters with no children?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think Carrie Brady is the best example. She came on the show as a teenager and was there for years into her adulthood. She and Austin first got together 7 years before the first time she left the show. There was plenty of time for her to have children, but the story always took a different turn. The other characters being mentioned are either still relatively young, and will likely have a child soon enough, or they came on the show when they were already older. Or something biological prevented them from having a desired kid.

Hope, Jennifer, Kayla, Kimberly....they all had kids in their story lines. So did Sami, Carly, Isabella and Adrienne. Carrie is an exception to the DAYS rules.

I guess Brenda Barrett on GH is another good example, although that's mainly because she wasn't around for a long time. Jax was another good example, until Carly had Jocelyn.

Steve

• Members

Christine Blair, like Carrie Brady on Days came on Y&R as a teen and was on the show well into her adulthood but despite being married to Danny for four years and Paul for five years, she never had any children and was kept occupied by one legal case or another, There was a storyline where she had a pregnancy scare but in the end always wanted to delay having children in order to focus on her career (something which I liked because it was very true to real life)

• Members

Wow, when was the last time you watched the othe ABC soaps? lol. Kelly, Rex and Lucky are all parents. I wouldnt consider Adriana or Marissa long running characters though

Days - Austin, Eric

OLTL - Joey

GH/PC - Lucy (she has adopted kids but none biological)

• Members

I think this is an interesting thread. As others have mentioned people like Carrie (Days), Greenlee (AMC), Christine (Y&R) Christian (OLTL). I am going to also count Sam from GH, she's been on the show 7 years now. And Brenda as well even though she's been on and off on GH.

I think it's interesting to see which long term characters haven't had kids and think of some of the possibilities why that hasn't happened. With people like Christine for the most part she hasn't really seemed interested a whole lot in having kids. Greenlee goes back and forth on whether or not she wants kids. Sometimes she wants them, if it's a chance they could be Ryan's, and sometimes she acts like she never wants kids.

Carrie and Christian just never really had children, even though I think they would both be happy to be parents some day.

Plus there are the characters who were adults on shows 10+years before they had any children, (Jax, Lucky and Jason from GH)

There are characters who have been on shows a long time like 10+years who still don't have kids. There are those who had kids after they had been on shows a long time. Then there are those who have been on shows a long time, but don't have any biological children. But who are good parents to the kids they are raising/have raised. (Neil from Y&R, Mac from GH). And then there are those who are constantly having kids/having lost children pop up. (Sonny from GH, Todd from OLTL).

• Members

I do remembering seeing the storyline where Sam lost her baby. But I had thought that we might have been counting everyone that doesn't currently have a child, even if they had a miscarriage/stillborn? (Not everyone who has lost a child, if they got to know their children. Or got to spend at least some time with their children before they died). But those who never got to know their child, because they miscarried, or had a stillborn.

• Members

Can we include now-defunct soaps? Because, if so, I'll add Laura Avery (LOVE IS A MANY SPLENDORED THING) to the list. She was pregnant, but lost the child due to all the drama swirling around her, Iris and Mark; then learned she could not conceive another.

Archived