Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

I would say 1973-1993 was the Golden Age of Y&R. I started to not care about the show as much after they brought on adult Nick and Sharon in 1994. I know fans love and root for them, but I never could stand either one of those two. I use to scream at the TV when they were on and then we had the Matt Clark rape and then looooong story about Cassie and the Grace/Nick/Sharon triangle crap etc etc......

I don't think Joshua Morrow and Sharon Case have ever been back burner for 20 years. They always have story for those two.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I also think 1973 - 1993 (not that I saw the 70's but I can tell it was good). 1994 through to Spring 1996 was good, but something was off in certain places, some of the focus was off, I can't quite explain it. Still like that period though and happy to re-watch.

By summer 1996 something was definitely off and didn't pick up until mid to late 1997 when Kay Alden became co-head writer. After Bell retired the show was stable but lacking a certain something, still watchable though until about 2003/2004. I gave up by 2005 and haven't watched a single episode since.

Edited by will81

• Members

Thanks for the articles. I have to say I never had a problem with Lauralee Bell. I was never a huge fan of Cricket. Mostly because I thought Danny was such a cheesefest of a character.

Seeing the Colonnade Room reminds me of Nikki's tantrum around Victor's birthday with Diane. Fun times. Is it still shown on the show?

• Members

Bill Bell and Ed Scott were running the show at that point.....

But I agree it's nice that they kept the 70's cues well into the 90's and early 00's for the most part. I wonder exactly when they stopped using them......It had to be at least 2003 or 2004 right?

If I can give credit for one thing MAB did right was pulling out the classic cues every now and then.....of course the one thing missing was the amazing stories we could've had....

Edited by YRfan23