Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

OMG that was priceless.

Deluded Danny thinking that clip is going to get my career moving -yea buddy, right down the toilet.

And those vocals. I give Tracey a pass because she is not a professional singer but Michael Damian is awful. 

Ken was obviously high as  a kite.

Good old Traci...L'il Miss Sunshine -'I'm sure Patty loved it' Yea she left to throw up.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The constant Lauren/Danny makeout sessions during the video would have pissed me off too if I were Paul or Patty...haha total overkill!

Please register in order to view this content

I remember a story once from Tracey where she said, her parents were on set the day they watched the video, and she was embarrassed by all the lovemaking scenes between her and MD. 

• Members

And what was the point of them anyway? (I mean in the world of the show...Obviously real life explanation is that they were a plot point of getting Paul and Patty worked up about them).

I mean, I'm sure back in the 1980s there's no way such a video would play on MTV or something without those scenes being heavily censored coz Danny and Lauren are really going at it!

Edited by Dion

• Members

I think there's something fascinating about Y&R's use of music throughout its history because in hindsight the earnest presentation of musical interludes was very campy.

There were always musicians like Gina, Danny, and even Leslie.  They would either perform at concerts or sing over montages of other couples.  Then, there were the odd performances by Snapper or John Abbott, who would be encouraged at dinner to get up and belt out a tune.  As if there was nothing weird about the local doctor or entrepreneur performing a cabaret set in public. 

That tradition continues a bit with Tessa, and when Devon produced music.  But, one doubts we would ever get those over the top performance videos that Danny and Lauren produced today.  Although, oddly, we were only aware of their relative fame because they each had a stalker.  Otherwise, even though they gave an annual concert Lauren and Traci never seemed to gain any notoriety outside of Genoa City for their singing.

It is just a funny heritage, that despite its reputation as one of the most reality-based soaps (few people return from dead and there's no spies) there is also this goofy integration of music that has always defined Y&R for me.

Edited by j swift