Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Dylan's death is really a heartbreaking set of scenes. Peter Barton shows he can act as he struggles hopelessly to save the baby's life. And TB doing some of the best work of her career as she walks into that quiet room - no music - and looks at everyone's faces and realizes 'her' son is dead.

And to cut from that to Sheila holding Lauren's real baby, singing to it, happy was excruciating and painful. A merciless moment of sadness and horror. That wasn't just soap opera. That was art.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Wow just traveled yesterday in Memory lane with all those amazing clips uploaded to 1990-1995 sections.

Thank you for uploading all those treasures!  

Jill and Mimi's confrontations from 1994,

Lauren and Sheila's arguments- loved each one of them!

Lauren breaking the news to cricket about Scott's death - heartbreaking. 

Norman shoots and kill beloved rex

Please register in order to view this content

I would love to see more scenes of rick/blade/Ashley/Mari Joe storyline.. 

• Members

Hey I am doing the 1986 cast charts and there are no credits for Dec 86. Does anyone know who played George Flint, the son of Nellie (the woman from the homeless shelter)?

I thought it might be Jerry Ayres who also played Conway Weston on B&B. Sometimes it looks like him and sometimes not, but definitely so similar that I am fairly certain

One is from the Y&R ep with George and the other a general headshot of Jerry

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Good eye! Always fun noticing the character actors who appear on B&B. Can't believe I didn't recognize him after watching his B&B episodes fairly recently.

Clips from 1987 from the Y&R Anonymous Angel to supplement all the great German stuff, just added to the vault.

June 22, 1987 partial

August 21, 1987 partial

• Members

Isn’t it true that there used to be some full episodes from 1983-early ‘84 of the show on Youtube over like 10-12 years ago??? I swore I read someone said there used to be full episodes and many scenes from that year on Youtube. I can almost remember seeing the full confrontation between Jill and Kay from January of ‘84 when Jill accused Kay of being the reason for the pictures being sent to her house. And it wasn’t the version we’ve seen from the compilation, it was the full unedited scene. I can also remember seeing a video between Dina and Katherine and all I can remember from it is Kay saying “Dina I assure you...”Maybe I’m just losing it LOL. 

• Members

I do remember the full version of Jill and Katherine's confrontation about the pictures from Jan 84 being online a very long time ago, and it was better picture quality too, and a few other things were floating about at one point, but I do not remember full episodes from that era.

Though I do remember episodes from when Nikki was pregnant being about, a few of them, but that may have been well over 10 years ago, when I had no clue how to save them

Edited by will81

• Members

That's so sad that there's lost media out there from that era. Phillip's death scene (in English) used to be online too but I never saw it. Were these things on WOST or Soap Hunks? Surely someone out there has saved a copy. 

There is a full episode around where Nikki is pregnant and goes to get an abortion but then can't go through with it after she meets a woman who had lost her child. (March 29, 1982 - in the vault).

• Members

The one I am thinking of (and it was several) was when Nikki told Kevin that Victor was the baby's father so he would reconcile with Carolyn. There were at least three or four episodes online from that time period. But this was early days of youtube and I didn't know how to save them

Edited by will81

• Members

I have uploaded all the 1986 cast charts to the vault. I did some reformatting and fixed some errors. I also decided that subs would be moved and combined with the contract player. So for example Brenda D and Deb Adair will be together and listed based on their combined appearances as Jill. JUst gives a better idea of how much the character was on for the month and I did the same with Gisele and Jeanne and Terry and Brett.

On to finishing 1987. I also have the Jon-Michael Reed / Nancy Reichardt (she took over May 86 when JMR passed) newspaper recaps from post Mar 1983. So I will begin to upload those soon as well.

I also have Lynda Hirsch as well, but hers are more confusing. While both published recaps on a Friday. JMR must have gotten synopsis from the networks or production companies as his are Mon-Fri. Lynda most likely watched and recapped, so hers seem to be Thu - Wed. If you want me to post them I will, but it often makes things confusing.

Edited by will81