Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I can see why Sean Garrison was initially cast as John Abbott, as he bears a slight resemblance to Terry Lester, but I don't think he carried the needed, commanding presence that Jerry Douglas and even Brett Halsey did.  He'd have been better off playing someone like Derek Thurston or Lucas Prentiss.

• Members

That's the big question, some remember Halsey in the role when Jill got hired, others remember Sean. Halsey wasn't mentioned in the press until Aug, the same time Deb Adair was announced as the new Jill. There is no mention of Sean Garrison at all that I could find, but Halsey is not mentioned at all in May/Jun either.

• Members

John Considine references Y&R (from AW Homepage)

"The Young and the Restless." I was fired from this job approx. two months after signing with them. I played the rich guy, Chamberlain? Something like that. The husband of Jeannie (can't even think of her name now, Corbin Benson's mom), and after a couple of shows we photographed like mother and son, instead of husband and wife. Character makeup didn't help, and so they replace me. First and only time. Not a happy experience.

• Members

Hi guys,

I started a New Year's Eve playlist.

Please register in order to view this content

Thank you to the "Y&R Anonymous Angel" who sent me the videos for 12/31/85 and 12/29/89! I've also placed them in the Vault.

You can see the beginning of 12/31/85 in clip (87) in the Vault.  I had read about these scenes in the SOD Recaps and was lamenting that I didn't get to see the New Year's party, and it turned out this person had it on VHS and was nice enough to send it to me!  The final scene is HILARIOUS! And of course, thank you to the other anonymous person, who uploaded the original clips that spurred on the conversation! It's been so great that so many people have come forward to share rare things this year.

Also included in the playlist is Billy Miller's special from 12/31/09 which I uploaded last year.