Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks. It's just weird that they specifically mentioned them that way. I wonder if they had a triangle in mind (since by this time I think she knew Scott was her brother, and Philip was dead). I would have liked seeing a slightly edgier guy on the canvas in that age group. I guess that didn't happen until Ryan, who never really interacted with Cricket, aside from Nina being her friend.

• Members

At the time Bill didn't know what he wanted to do with Chase (which is a shame because SG was a good actor) & when he finally did make a decision the actress SG had the most chemistry with (Tricia Cast) was already heavy involved in another story.

Any guy with edge would have been wasted with Cricket (who he would definitely have been thrown at) around.

• Members

That's true. I think that the story with Michael helped LLB grow as an actress, although pairing them years later was a mistake.

I think the last teen story I've seen on a soap which I was invested in was the story with Joey, Billy Douglas, and their female friend, on OLTL, although that I can't remember her name probably isn't a great recommendation.

• Members

Working with CLB definitely helped LLB grow as an actress.

She had her best non-Danny chemistry with him.

Pairing them was risky but could have worked if the writing had been better.

That story (like Robin & Stone on GH) was too Afterschool Special for me.

• Members

On paper it was but the acting from Chris McKenna and the girl who played ALana made it work for me.

I think what bothered me most with the Glow by Jabot group was I just didn't think the characters as a group or in pairings had any real spark together.

• Members

Most of ABC's silver age (90's) teen stories (except Jessica & Original Cristian) always felt self conscious & maudlin to me.

That's the thing though.

They actually had plenty of spark as a group & in pairings.

And they were realistic unlike the afterschool special ABC teens or the plastic mannequins on NBC.

• Members

They had some real problems with faces, especially Jill's plate (and in that last plate Jill looks like a baby made by Jess and Brenda).

Who is the woman in Victor's plate who has the white fur?

It's so nice they made one for Mamie. It shows how important she was, and how stupid it was to casually fire her a few years later.

The best plate faces are the main ones of Lauren and Nikki.

It's nice they remembered some departed characters like Jessica and Philip.

The whole thing makes me feel sad.