Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Was the backstage drama over ageism issues, or some personality thing with Quinn Redeker?

There's a lot you could do with Leanna. I always have crazy ideas for her - I would have her host some show that is half tabloid and half morality tale, maybe with someone like Billy.

A new feud with Jill would be a lot of fun.

Unfortunately the show doesn't seem to do "fun" anymore, unless you count the hilarity of the Angelinos.

• Members

Some of it was ageism & some of it was other drama (nothing to do with Redeker or Cooper).

The understatement of the year.

Though scenes with Leanna would be fun Jill would be better in a stable relationship.

Leanna (like Diane) plays better with Nikki & Ashley.

Or Gloria.

• Members

It's a tried overuse question, but just to rant.... WHY THE HECK DOES MARIA THINK HER PRIMETIME NOBODY'S AND FORMER SOAP STARS FROM OTHER SOAPS ARE WORTH A DAMN THEN BRINGING BACK THE REAL STARS OF Y&R LIKE FREAKING LEANNA LOVE?!?!?!mad.gif

• Members

I know Eileen's Ashley was a more aggressive Ashley than Brenda's, but did Eileen's Ashley ever really have a serious confrontation with other women in her first run? Or is that something they adjusted to the character after Shari Shattuck's...interpretation, and Eileen playing a villain on DAYS?

Did Brenda ever have any good confrontations with others?

• Members

Many (mainly with Dina, Nikki, Diane & Jill).

Shari's Ashley was just horrible.

Her Ashley was cheap (and not in the good way).

It was her Ashley that competed with Victoria for Cole (something Ashley would NEVER do)

She had a few scenes with Nikki, Traci & with Mari Jo towards the end of her run.

But Brenda was always too sweet to make them work.

Edited by DeeeDee

• Members

Thanks for sharing that article. How shameful that the Abbots are pretty much non-existent now.

I loved reading about the breakfast scenes. I didn't realize that they served them real food for those scenes. It must have been nice to not have to worry about getting a bite to eat before going to the studio, knowing that you would get to eat while doing your job. haha.

Aww reading about Terry Lester during those scenes, made me sad. He sounded like a really funny great guy.

Besides Jerry's conflict with Brenda (Dickson) it seems like (with the exception of Bergman on occasion) the Abbott's in real life are the most drama free people on the set of Y&R.