Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was watching a few clips which had a rivalry between Cassandra and Traci, over Brad. They are fascinating to watch, as neither are the rival you'd expect for the other (Traci had Lauren, but Lauren was more volatile). Do you think the show should have kept this going longer?

• Members

Thanks again for sharing this Carl! :) I think these recaps cover the weeks of May 9-13 and May 16-20, 1988.

It's interesting how they developed Leanna as a character. They almost made it seem like she was suppose to be this dark character with a past connection to another character (Steve Lassiter) but somehow later they kept her for more comedic scenes.

Typical Condescending Victor being mad over Leanna calling of that dinner party.

So when exactly was Scott's first month on the show? i recall seeing an episode from April 4 1988. and he was caring for Nina after she had Phillip jr. but is there a synopses talking about Scott's first airdate?

I bet that scene with Jill being upset over becoming a grandmother was hysterical. Im surprised that she was actually still having an affair with David at this point. There was also an episode sometime later, where David tries to massage her, but she puts him on blast. i wonder why she started to have ill feeling towards him.

This whole thing with Brad makes him out to be more of a goldigger or whatever you wanna call it. I think it was always difficult to know whether he was the good guy or bad guy.

• Members

Thank for reading. As soon as I saw this I thought you'd want to see it too.

Were Marc and Jill ever together? Were they just trying to come up with a story for him? This is after the JoAnna relationship ended I think.

I wonder when they decided to move David away from Jill.

When did Ashley find out about Leanne's past with Steven and her attempts to kill Ashley?

It's odd to think they had Lisa and Leanna on around the same time, both somewhat similar, and one stayed only a few months while the other was around off and on for about 15 years.

I guess of all the Y&R psychos Leanna was the one whose portrayer didn't play it straight. It reminds me of when Lynn Herring (Lucy Coe on GH/PC) said she'd been told by Kin Shriner to add humor to her villain character, to increase her chances of staying on the show.

• Members

That's interesting about Leanna and Lisa being compared together and being on the show at the same time together. Personally I think they should have eventually brought Lisa back at some point to mess up Brad's life but I don't know how it would have fit in anywhere except for the early 00s or even when Sally Sussman Morina said they were intending to bring her back for Brad's big 2006 story before LML ran away with her Nazi relic garbage. Unless we insert Lisa snapping pictures of Brad and Lauren's affair instead of Sheila...

As for Leanna, well her crazy didn't seem to be as threatening as the others (Lisa, Sheila). I mean who would be seriously threatened by this:

• Members

Briefly. But not as a couple.

After Brenda left.

She didn't.

They weren't really similar.

Lisa was a spoiled rich girl cliche (that only became interesting after she went psycho).

Leanna was a totally different character (mainly due to Barbara Crampton).

Leanna was more like GH's Heather & OLTL's Alex (who she was the inspiration for).

• Members

So Ashley never did find out? Wow. I was never sure. Around the time Leanna was pursuing John - do you think they should have had him marry her instead of remarrying Jill? - I kept wondering if Ashley knew about the murder attempts. Clearly John didn't!

At the time it annoyed me but looking back I respect Bill Bell for leaving some secrets secret. Not only is it very true to life, but sometimes uncovering the secrets doesn't really lead to any good drama (like when they made Lily Malcolm's daughter).

Alex had a real edge early on which Leanna didn't seem to but I can see where she would inspire the character.

So Lisa wasn't psycho from the start?

That sister of the woman David killed, did he also kill her? I assume he did, but I don't remember. At the time I got this story so mixed up with the one a few years later with Michael Baldwin and the woman he married. I can never remember what happened to her.

Does anyone know when Y&R started being affected by the 88 strike (although I know people have said Y&R and B&B were barely affected)?