The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I don't trust Enid either, and I heard that sentence she started as well.

Carl, these two episodes were two of the best, cinematically, visually, and story-wise. The thousand walker march alone is amazing, and the Wolves attack was unexpected (even though you know something is coming), and Merritt Wever's debut as the new town doctor is pretty good, as well!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's interesting that when the ratings tally live and the next day that ratings are down to the point the value of AMC took a hit this week.   But when they do same day plus 3 more days on DVR ratings are up to 20 million biting at the heels of the top network shows.   I wonder if their demo pure audience being so young is just doing what the networks and cable companies dread:  continually finding other ways to watch.

• Members

I think that plus the show is getting older, meaning there are more episodes which gives new viewers less incentive to binge watch.

The last two episodes have been very action packed but the show is still badly written. The dialogue has absolutely no substance, the characters are inert, the plot (is there one?) is going nowhere. Carol is one of the top ten TV characters ever but even she is not enough to make this show good

• Members

I have to disagree.  I find the show excellent filled with some compelling characters and tension filled episodes.  It also manages to include character pieces fleshing out people but it is also very plot heavy keeping the story moving.   Just look at where they are this year vs this time last year when they had just escaped Terminus.   So much has happened since then.  I have no idea what network shows do weekly as far as story goes, but I find it hard to believe Scandal or NCIS or whatever pack as much into their year as TWD does into its.  The show is well directed, well acted and well written.

• Members

I understand the notion that the plot is going nowhere. A lot of things happen, but I never get the feeling there is an over arching story line here.  These people are just trying to survive day to day, so that seems fitting. Plus, I don't think they are in any hurry to wrap it up. I can see this show going for many more years because it isn't really dependent on any particular star. If there is a star, it's probably Rick, but how many people feel the show couldn't go on without him? Anyone who gets greedy and tries to hold the show hostage can be replaced. 

I can't agree about the characters being inert though. There's nothing farther from the truth from my perspective. We've seen all of these people grow and change and there have been a ton of truly great character moments. My favorite was probably Michonne holding a crying Judith for the first time. Trying to hold her away from her body and then finally bringing Judith closer to comfort her, as the tears run down Michonne's face. Beautiful acting and an entire backstory told without words.  

• Members

I can't believe they killed Glen.  He must be the first original cast member to go since Andrea.   The truth is he partially died due to his own naive faith in this guy who never deserved any, had never proved himself to be smart of reliable or faithful, and Glen should not have allowed this guy to lead him into this dead end.   I actually thought Michonne was about to get it too, but the show has never killed two people off in one episode.  Poor Glen, he was the first member of the group we met, but the last couple of years he sort of had no purpose.  It will be interesting to see what the show has in store for Maggie now.

• Members

Call me crazy, but I don't think he's dead. I think Nicholas sacrificed himself for Glen, who was covered in his gore and will live.  Maybe. I know that seems unrealistic, but I don't believe they would kill Glen without one of the other characters there to witness it. 

• Members

I agree it's totally far fetched, but I have to believe Glen did not get such a bad death.  If Rick, Carol, Daryl, Michonne, Maggie or Glen die, they deserve a glorious death. This was not that. Every major character that has died has had a dramatic death witnessed by others. 

• Members

Is there some reason our heroes no longer put someone out of their misery when a horde descends upon them? What's this business of just standing around gawking while someone gets pulled apart in front of you? 

If Glenn is dead (and I don't think he is) they better have some proof to give Maggie, otherwise we'll be back to last season where all she cared about was finding Glenn even to the point of never mentioning her sister.