DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That was great! So much of that was new to me. I'm always fascinated by seeing early split screen tech from those years. And all those lovely Horton family scenes. You are reminded of what good, natural, yet emotionally intuitive acting those times had.

I loved getting to see some of her reactions to stories, especially her deadpan at them choosing to have Doug stabbed in the throat.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Thanks, I loved this and the earlier video with Susan interviewing Suzanne. I've long given up on any hope of decent storylines on this show, but I still tune in to see actors/characters -- and these two are at the top of my list. No matter what the writers have done to Julie and Maggie over the years, I still see them as the complex, compelling and emotionally rich characters they once were. Kudos to both ladies. 

• Members

FIRST "DAYS" PERSON SPOTTED IN 1950 CENSUS...

The 1950 census was released to the public yesterday. It's too early to easily search names (it will take awhile for the names to be correctly typed in by humans to make it easier to search), but in the meantime, early results have found "Days" co-creator Irna Phillips. If you search and find any "Days" actors or crew in the coming months, let me know! Here's Irna living with her family in Chicago. Her job in 1950 is listed as author for an advertising agency.

5e5fb3a2ce0c2929e693a401e1c8b986ed987000

• Members

1950 CENSUS: TED & BETTY CORDAY...

With the 1950 census released to the public yesterday, here's a look at "Days" legends Ted & Betty Corday living with their son Christopher in New York. With the census being done in April 1950, "Days" executive producer Ken Corday (who was born in June 1950) just missed out on being included in the census.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I love what I call the "beautiful downtown Burbank" lighting in those scenes from the '60's and '70's.  It's so artificial, and yet, it doesn't feel like vintage NBC without it.  (See also: "Sanford and Son.")