YRBB

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So they'd swap out one anti-vaccine panelist for another?

I just feel like the whole formula of The View is stale and has been duplicated so many times. I think they need a new producer, even more than new hosts.

• Members

I'd rather see:

- Jane Pauley

- A.B. Stoddard, "The Hill.com" associate editor (and daughter of former ABC President Brandon)

- a third panelist with a similar, journalistic background but with a decidedly more liberal bent

- Carol Leifer or Merrill Markoe, as I've mentioned upthread

- a Black comedienne, such as Debra Wilson ("MADtv").

• Members
No.

Star, Meredith, Lisa, Rosie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The others > Barbara> Elisabeth

ETA: I finally watched the episodes with all the co hosts. So nice to see my faves again. I just love Meredith. Favorite View co host ever :wub:

Edited by Eric83

• Members

Meredith was certainly the best, a woman with a solid news background and a great sense of humor. She brought a certain grace and intelligence to the show yet she was never afraid to have fun and look silly. By no means do I want her leaving her current gig, but someone who's got those same attributes is Hoda Kotb.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I can't believe they're still running with those 3 co-hosts. I like Whoopi and Jenny tries, but Sherri ... lord shut UP. She talks over everyone.

They really need to shake this show up. Jenny and Sherri are too similar. They need two more permanent co-hosts to balance things out.

I can't believe they're still running with those 3 co-hosts. I like Whoopi and Jenny tries, but Sherri ... lord shut UP. She talks over everyone.

They really need to shake this show up. Jenny and Sherri are too similar. They need two more permanent co-hosts to balance things out. Why on earth do they now have JUST three comediennes. That's way too much.

• Members

Oh boy the promos are pimping out Barbara being on the show tomorrow. Promoting as her first appearance as guest. I thought she was gone? She was barely appearing on The View anyway. She retired, just so she could continue to appear on it infrequently like before? I wish she'd just go away

• Members

For heavens sake PLEASE BRING ON CONNIE CHUNG!

Sherri Shepherd Exiting ‘The View’

A rep for Sherri Shepherd sent us this statement this afternoon:

“It’s been seven wonderful years on The View and after careful consideration it is time for me to move on. I am extremely grateful to Barbara Walters and Bill Gedde for giving me the opportunity. I look forward to the business opportunities that lay ahead for me and I am incredibly grateful to my View family and my fans for supporting me on this journey.”

Shepherd’s contract was coming up, and the two sides were talking. According to sources with knowledge of the situation, ABC and Shepherd’s camp were “too far apart” on terms of a new deal.

In April, not long before she stepped down as the show’s on-air Den Mom, Barbara Walters — who remains exec producer — said in various interviews that Shepherd “definitely” was coming back next season, as were Jenny McCarthy and Whoopi Goldberg.

ABC declined to comment.

The View has seen its share of co-host changes. Last month, the day before Walters bow out, all 11 The View past and present co-hosts assembled to say so-long, including some who’d left under less than happy circumstances – including Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Rosie O’Donnell.