Y&R Discussion for the week of October 18

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At first, I think they were probably amused by the "outrage" in this thread, but now it got boring. Though, who knows, sometimes they just peek into it a bit and decide to do something so that "that b*tch Deee can go all choleric and 'history' on us – let's light up a fire or trash an African-American character".

• Members

I think Bill Bell had little interest in Jill himself after her first divorce from John in 1986.

What have her storylines been in all these years? Fighting with Katherine over Phillip, the affair with Rex, John Silva, Jed Saunders and then John again. I never understood why he did that. Jill could have been his Erica.

• Members

I don't agree with either. He grew her into "business" Jill. His first priority was developing her career, romance was secondary. He knew Jill would age and lose the sexual power to lure wealthy men into bed or business deals. With a quarter century of wealth and top level executive experience she could still remain a force to be reckoned regardless of age. I felt he was grooming her to take over Chancellor Industries one day. The business environment in GC would be much more interesting with a strong women in the mix.

• Members

I can't say for sure how Bill Bell felt about Jill, though it's clear that he wrote for her, 2 Emmys as proof of that...but Bill Bell, personally, adored Jess Walton.

And I have to disagree, Jess Walton is nothing if not charismatic. She lights up every scene she's in and always plays her A game.

• Members

I have recently started watching Y&R again and I am only watching due to Sean Kanan, MTS, and FILM STAR SEAN YOUNG! :)

Sean Young reminds me SO MUCH of Brenda Dickson. So bad, she's good. There is a charisma that can overpower the WORST acting.

And whenever Sean Young comes onscreen I say "HOLLYWOOD FILM STAR SEAN YOUNG!!!"

It makes it all worth it. (And MTS and Kanan do have a cool chemistry that I am really enjoying)

The rest of the show is silly, derivative, plot driven trash.

• Members

Is this...serisouly the whole Tornado story we're getting? REALLY? A couple episodes, where no one died or is eve significantally injured for a prolonged length of time?

Just another silly plot device to try and make Lily and Cane look like heroes, and another excuse to get [!@#$%^&*]-Her McCall into bed with another woman.

Could have been so much more.

OTOH, I am loving the Nikki/Meggie/Deacon/Victor stuff still. THe best part of the show bar none.

• Members

I don't think Bill Bell had a problem with Jill. Jill had a lot of stories for years after her divorce. She was never a huge prominent character but she was present and a major part of Katherine's life and the lives of the Abbott family, and in the business world.

The time Jill ran out of stories was the same time that Katherine and Nikki also hit a wall. That was around 1994-1996. I think they had been around so long, Bell might have begun to doubt what could be done with them.

• Members

Oh I agree, Alden did a lot to help bring Nikki, Katherine, and Jill into the forefront again. I was just thinking about the last few years when Bell was still mainly responsible for the stories. That's the only time I would agree Bell lost interest in Jill. Of course even then Jess won a Best Actress Emmy.

Archived