Y&R Discussion for the week of October 18

• Members

Jill used to be a very sexual person, whatever happened to that? For many years she has been a lonely businesswoman. Her story with Jack should not have been forgotten, her niece Jennifer (a Foster-Brooks reminder) should have been brought at some point, along with a younger sexy husband. Jill Foster getting involved with a male version of her young self would be very interesting.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They had such high hopes for her the first time around and my guess is they were surprised at just how many viewers loathed her. Now it's time to brainwash people into liking her. Maybe this time a lot of the soap press will suddenly sing her praises...

• Members

I think they had huge expectations for that story and never assumed viewers would have a negative opinion -- so much so that they lost 3 points at what was supposed to be the big height of the story. Bethel was miscast and was one too many dirty-looking men on the canvas and Zima was a disaster.

• Members

Be careful there, Cat... I said the same thing about Robert Kelker Kelly, and got roasted on the spit for it! :lol: But Morrow wuld benefit GREATLY from blow-dried hair as well, this slick back stuff does nothing to soften his features, and gives him a quasi-primate look. Coupled with the fact that he has a BEAUTIFUL smile and rarely uses it anymore equals FAIL with his looks.

• Members

Well I personally preferred Christopher Douglas and apparently so did Alden but I guess Alden and Scott clashed over what sort of route to take with Sean which lead to the recast. The irony is once Shaughnessy took over Sean was one of the first things to go.

Not to mention Kimberlin Brown eventually dropping out of it before airing. It's just strange they would attempt to try to revisit such a failure of a storyline I know I shouldn't be too surprised by these egos and their agendas but it the past Rauch and Sheffer have been known to at least bury some of their mistakes. It was also odd they bothered to rerun the Sara Smythe climax considering it was one of the lowest rated Y&R episodes.

• Members

What a foolish decision, I wonder if any of them were satisfied with the end results? I would ask how any of them sleep at night but then I remembered Rauch is the price of darkness and Hogan's obesity probably gives him the worst case of sleep apnea ever so the the question then goes to MAB and Hamner.

Archived