Y&R Discussion for the week of October 18

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Joan Van Ark brought something special to the show, Judith Chapman just seems redundant IMO. JVA is a perfectionist and strived to create something different and I think she succeeded. I believed her relationship with her sons and the backstory as well. Even with the plastic surgery, you could buy that Gloria was vain enough to spend her pennies on it or find a man who would. I also believed her living in a dump in Detroit and working a crap job. I never got that with Chapman. She was good for a very short while, but has long been over. I find her amusing at times, but what is the point?

• Members

I think she chews scenery with the Sunset Blvd style of acting but basically I would agree it was her screen time I just got nauseous when she came on the screen after awhile of it. Also them dismantling the Abbotts and putting the Fishers as a core didn't help matters for me. Basically I just got sick of her. I liked Joan Van Ark's version of Gloria (as I like Russo's version of Tucker McCall) she just never stuck with me.

Archived