AgnesNixon.com Update

• Members

I was gonna go rewatch some of the classic AMC episode son agnesnixon.com and went to the video page, and now they seem to have, very randomly, a couple of episodes from early in the Michael Cambias storyline...

Odder--I've tried on several different computers, and I can't manage to scroll the page down to see more videos (like those classic ones). Is anyone else having this problem?? I'm using IE as my browser.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yup, I'm getting the NSEW cursor when I try to scroll. I clicked on the last video to see if it'll autoplay to the next one we can't see. :P

But while we wait, a couple observations...

-They never should have ditched that beautiful opening with the characters' signatures (even if the color scheme is a little Southwestern).

-An asian mother, father, and son acting out heated family drama?? Witchcraft![/DeeDeee]

-Lena looks old as hell for Bianca (who is sporting an unfortunate-looking wedge haircut).

Update: No luck, didn't autoload next video. :(

• Members

The Asian family were the worst kind of cliche--another classic Rayfield-ism. (Joe apparently has been spending his lunch breaks at their Chinese restaurants for AGES :rolleyes: )

I agree, that was a gorgeous opening even with the controversy of signing their names. I never thought Lena looked that old for Binks--her character was a mess but the two did have great chemistry.

SFK I know it's a pain but will you send the website a message about the video problem? I will too, but they'll be more likely to address it the more they get.

• Members

Will do.

Yeah, the family is pretty cliched: strict, humorless asian parents who run a restaurant (though that totally describes one of my best chilhood friend's Chinese parents to a T :ph34r: ). They went that route with An-Li's parents too, you know, the *other* time there were asians on the show.

I dunno, seeing that clip, I thought Lena looked older than I remembered.

• Members

Palmer was supposed to be Henry's father right?

He was so wooden -- as he was when he inexplicably played a 15 or 16 year old on Book of Daniel, the show I mostly remember for repeatedly saying in the press releases that Christian Campbell was playing a gay conservative Republican, only to barely mention that in any episode I saw, instead writing him as a Matt Fielding for the 00s.

• Members

I ended up complaining about the videos on her very out of date blog comments area--couldn't find any other location or link... lol

I thought AnLi's parents wer ein China, hence why she needed the greencard? I really liked AnLi actualy. (But that was when I was 11 and had just started the show)

• Members

Honestly, I don't remember An-Li's parents faces as much as I remember her fear of being a "bad girl" and disppointing them. She kept resisting Terrence's advances and to me it looked like the real problem was that she was not at ALL interested in him (I think she had a crush on Brian, this was Terrence #1 and An-Li #1). When they got zushed up with Dondre and Lindsay, that's when things really took a turn and An Li was written less stereotypically and more like your average caucasian female soap character.

Archived