AgnesNixon.com Update

• Members

I was gonna go rewatch some of the classic AMC episode son agnesnixon.com and went to the video page, and now they seem to have, very randomly, a couple of episodes from early in the Michael Cambias storyline...

Odder--I've tried on several different computers, and I can't manage to scroll the page down to see more videos (like those classic ones). Is anyone else having this problem?? I'm using IE as my browser.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yup, I'm getting the NSEW cursor when I try to scroll. I clicked on the last video to see if it'll autoplay to the next one we can't see. :P

But while we wait, a couple observations...

-They never should have ditched that beautiful opening with the characters' signatures (even if the color scheme is a little Southwestern).

-An asian mother, father, and son acting out heated family drama?? Witchcraft![/DeeDeee]

-Lena looks old as hell for Bianca (who is sporting an unfortunate-looking wedge haircut).

Update: No luck, didn't autoload next video. :(

• Members

The Asian family were the worst kind of cliche--another classic Rayfield-ism. (Joe apparently has been spending his lunch breaks at their Chinese restaurants for AGES :rolleyes: )

I agree, that was a gorgeous opening even with the controversy of signing their names. I never thought Lena looked that old for Binks--her character was a mess but the two did have great chemistry.

SFK I know it's a pain but will you send the website a message about the video problem? I will too, but they'll be more likely to address it the more they get.

• Members

Will do.

Yeah, the family is pretty cliched: strict, humorless asian parents who run a restaurant (though that totally describes one of my best chilhood friend's Chinese parents to a T :ph34r: ). They went that route with An-Li's parents too, you know, the *other* time there were asians on the show.

I dunno, seeing that clip, I thought Lena looked older than I remembered.

• Members

Palmer was supposed to be Henry's father right?

He was so wooden -- as he was when he inexplicably played a 15 or 16 year old on Book of Daniel, the show I mostly remember for repeatedly saying in the press releases that Christian Campbell was playing a gay conservative Republican, only to barely mention that in any episode I saw, instead writing him as a Matt Fielding for the 00s.

• Members

I ended up complaining about the videos on her very out of date blog comments area--couldn't find any other location or link... lol

I thought AnLi's parents wer ein China, hence why she needed the greencard? I really liked AnLi actualy. (But that was when I was 11 and had just started the show)

• Members

I was gonna go rewatch some of the classic AMC episode son agnesnixon.com and went to the video page, and now they seem to have, very randomly, a couple of episodes from early in the Michael Cambias storyline...

Those vids have been there for a while at least for a few months. I had the same problem also. Didn't we already talk about this?

• Members

I thought AnLi's parents wer ein China, hence why she needed the greencard? I really liked AnLi actualy. (But that was when I was 11 and had just started the show)

Honestly, I don't remember An-Li's parents faces as much as I remember her fear of being a "bad girl" and disppointing them. She kept resisting Terrence's advances and to me it looked like the real problem was that she was not at ALL interested in him (I think she had a crush on Brian, this was Terrence #1 and An-Li #1). When they got zushed up with Dondre and Lindsay, that's when things really took a turn and An Li was written less stereotypically and more like your average caucasian female soap character.

• Members
I never thought Lena looked that old for Binks--her character was a mess but the two did have great chemistry.

I didn't think she was too old either. The actress was about 9 or 10 years older than ER which I don't think is that much of an age difference on a soap.

They never should have ditched that beautiful opening with the characters' signatures (even if the color scheme is a little Southwestern).

I agree. I liked that opening better than the current one.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Recent Posts

• SLC   Please register in order to view this content   Lord, every time I look at Whitney now I can't help but think of Closet Freak on YT when she would got THIS BITCA. Cuz...ugh.   I guess the gangup is real. And I don't want to hear no mess about how 'Ooooo we are only being more cautious because of Jen.' Because if this is the energy being aimed at Mary, then that energy better be aimed at Jen, too. Otherwise, Mary's right.    From the outside, it looked like to me Whitney was just jealous that because Mary is...Mary, the other girls were able to move past (for the sake of the trip at least) any suspicions they might have about Mary and her church. And when Mary stood up for herself, they still was able to move past it somewhat. Meanwhile, people stay on Whitney's neck for starting stuff. Well, Whitney...YOU DO STAY S&*(!!! It does even matter if you are even right about some people (like Fabulous Ice), if you are not coming from the angle of a good friend. It really and truly comes across as you are being a jealous LITTLE GIRL, angry that your fellow outsider friend was more able to navigate the currents of the group than her. Cuz Meredith was Mary's ride-or-die. Fabulous Ice, who Whitney stays feuding it, made it to Mary's good side by being upfront enough to be seen as good. And Jeannie was bought by some 'borrowed' shoes. Even Heather was able to stay on Mary's side throughout until Whitney started the waterworks...which Mary reminded her RIGHTFULLY that she was the one who started stuff at Mary's dinner by stepping in between Mary and Jen and got her a&* handed to her. And Mary...stayed on her neck this episode, too.    And Mary may be many things included a cult leader allegedly for now, but Mary is not stupid. And that's why in the confrontation at the end of the episode, Mary KEPT HER EYES ON WHITNEY. While everyone was coming (except for Meredith and Jeannie) for Mary, Mary KNEW who really was behind the mess. And Whitney...flinched. And tried to hide behind her rivalry with Fabulous Ice. And Mary SAW THROUGH THAT, TOO. And then she very quickly and swiftly gathered Fabulous Ice. She kept the heat on and if it was not for Heather getting overly dramatic (and thus getting the deflection that Whitney was trying to do with Lisa to work, Whitney would have cracked. And in any case, Team Mary on this. Cuz that bitca attitude Whitney had was not the mood of a hurt friend, but a basic bitca. She can snow (and did) her cousin, but she cannot snow Mary. And Mary definitely proved she can take and gather three on one easily.    Come better, babe!!!   That said...it was a good episode in that they were having fun and Mary was actually letting her walls down and STILL being fun shady. It was just a shame that Mary being herself only irked Ms. Whit who was being fake, leading to the drama at the end.    JEN. SPOILER ALERT...NOT in the espiode except for the midseason teaser at the end that I posted above.   LISA. While Whitney IS a snake, I don't think Fabulous Ice is much better at the moment. Okay, not a snake like others say, but she definitely has been giving us a show. And in this case, she played the game well. She might not be able to pot stir subtly to save her life, but that does not mean that she was in the wrong from going to Mary and saying what had been said about her. Now she should have mentioned she was the one who set up the event that brought Cameron, Meredith, and Whitney together in the first place, but Whitney could have easily been a friend and gave Mary the heads-up before Mary's party. But again...that does not make Whitney wrong that Fabulous Ice brought them all together so she could hide their hands. So Fabulous Ice simply covered her A&&. Whit's just mad she did it better. I agree. She did.    WHITNEY. Ashley does it better, boo. Then again, Ashley is a GROWN...A**...WOMAN. And would own what she was doing. The amount of jealousy and deflecting Whitney had on display was truly sickening. And the fact that you knew she ran after Heather, not because her cousin was upset, but because between the team of Bad Weather that Heather was the weak link was sad. She can make all the good points she wants, but the truth of the matter was that she was a jealous little girl who was mad that the 'mean girls' were all ready to forgive her friend for something they would not for her. Perhaps if she had reciepts that would not be the case. And until there is actual proof, she...and they...are better off putting Jen on a cross before they put Mary on one. PERIOD. Transparent trifling heffa.   HEATHER. I cannot believe how over her I am now. As the weak link of Bad Weather and given her friendship with Jen, I could see why Whitney would follow her to gas her up. If they had stayed on the trip, you just know that Mary or the other girls might be able to get through to her and get her and Mary to come to some compromise. Shame. I was not caring for her scenes with her sister either. Here she is attacking Mary over cult claims and yet your religion kinda make you like a cult member yourself. Things that make you go hmmm.   MEREDITH. Yeah at this point, I would be ready for everyone to be transparent around me, too. But still Jeannie said it best when she basically said pot kettle black on Meredith. After all didn't she just hire a PI on Jen and now wants to talk about transparency? *shrugs* Still it did keep people being upfront to the face. And I stay liking that she has become Mary's ride-or-die.    MARY. Team Mary. Yeah, I said it. I'll probably eat these words, but the way that they were trying to gang up on her after she FINALLY stopped being a Debbie Downer was ugh. And sadly, I already see that her words about Mexican and thugs is setting Twitter on fire when I really felt she was just not being articulate due to her being upset. Now I can't say that about the chubby comment, but hey, everyone is an adult and can say some not-nice things. And the effortlessness with which she gathered Fabulous Ice, Whitney, AND Heather was EVERYTHING. Fabulous Ice shut up real quick, Whitney could say nothing, and Heather ran at the #truthtea she got (and we got a gif of Lisa and Jeannie laughing at the shade now). That's Queen HW tier there.   JEANNIE. I liked that her and Mary started to get along. Though given the midseason trailer that will not be lasting. So basically comic relief this episode.    I feel people are going to find it boring (well Heather with her sister maybe), but I thought it was a good episode with nice flow.       
    • In a lot of ways, JER's first stint is akin to that of Megan McTavish's first stint at AMC - high ratings and the right time/moment, but was never to be duplicated again in successive stints. Also, just completely throwing away the sensibility of each respective show, and there was really no "going back" after that. Carly being buried alive was also basically JER's version of Natalie in that damn well, lol. 
    • I read those Y&R spoilers and thought it's funny that after years of all of us discussing Devon/Abby as a potential couple, NOW they want to go there?   I am intrigued by the Chance side of the storyline though I wish it was Justin Guston.   I see everyone saying Nick and Chelesa AGAIN, but I read that spoilers and thought Nick AND SALLY there which would make everyone (and Phyllis's) head explode.    I'm here for any Jill I can get.   And sad there is not enough Amanda and Imani there in this thread.   
    • Well, I'm happy to Bryton and especially Eileen up there at least. 
    • I am happy to see Amanda Setton at the top where she belongs.   Also love that Rebecca Herbst is one episode away from being in the top ten for a month and yearly. 
  • On Soap Opera Network

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy