Toni Braxton Bankrupt

Sylph

• Members
Toni Braxton files for bankruptcy, owes $50m

Creditors include Screen Actors Guild, DirecTV

By Lindsay Powers

<span style="font-size:120%;">Toni Braxton has filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy for the second time. The six-time Grammy winner claims she owes between $10 million and $50 million, according to TMZ, who obtained the court documents.

Among her creditors: the Four Seasons Hotel, American Express, Tiffany & Co., Orkin Pest Control, Screen Actors Guild and DirecTV.

Despite selling 40 million records, Braxton also filed for bankruptcy in 1998. The IRS filed a lien against her for $396,000 earlier this year.

In other news:

- It could have been Todd Palin instead of Bristol on this season's "Dancing With the Stars." "They wanted Todd to be on the show," Sarah Palin revealed during a speech in Houston, Tex., according to CNN. "I think that would have been cool to see, too." Sarah joked that she wouldn't mind appearing on the ABC hit either - as long as she was allowed to use her basketball skills. "They would have to let me dribble back and forth and maybe pivot and do a jump shot or something as part of the routine," she said.

- Sony UK has dropped all support of the 10:10 global campaign to cut carbon emissions by 10 percent after the environmental group released a PSA showing exploding children and airborne body parts, Fast Company reports. Kyocera has not yet disassociated itself from the group, but did release a statement calling the video a "a grave error of judgment." The director of 10:10 UK apologized for the ad and removed it from the website. Watch it here.

- Richard Johnson is stepping down as editor of the New York Post's Page Six after nearly 25 years. He's moving to Los Angeles to launch new digital ventures for News Corp., the parent company of the Post, editor in chief Col Allan announced Thursday. "It's bittersweet," Allan said. "Richard is a great friend and we will miss him, but we're excited for him, too." His deputy, Emily Smith, will take over the gossip column.

- Two pastry chefs quit "Top Chef: Just Desserts" Wednesday night, People reports. Seth Caro was removed from the show by medical experts and producers after suffering an anxiety attack when he was told he wouldn't be able to make his own ice cream. "This is crushing," he said after recovering from shock. In prior episodes, he was seen crying over a grapefruit shortage and after his sorbet wouldn't freeze. Competitor Malika Ameen told judges she wanted to be eliminated, despite rave reviews of her saffron Panna cotta by judges. She had previously said she missed her children and didn't like cooking on the show.

The Hollywood Reporter</span>

• Members
- Richard Johnson is stepping down as editor of the New York Post's Page Six after nearly 25 years. He's moving to Los Angeles to launch new digital ventures for News Corp., the parent company of the Post, editor in chief Col Allan announced Thursday. "It's bittersweet," Allan said. "Richard is a great friend and we will miss him, but we're excited for him, too." His deputy, Emily Smith, will take over the gossip column.

Lemme guess? A TMZ ripoff complete with its own website and syndicated TV series, to roll out Fall 2011 on NewsCorp's O&O MyNetworkTV stations until they can replace Time Warner Owned TMZ with it?

---

As far as Toni goes...she should have learned her lesson the first time. I guess she was hoping this lame album would get her finances juicing. WRONG! LOL.

• Members

Her most recent album was great, but poorly promoted by her label. For some odd reason they'd only send her songs to Urban Adult Contemporary and not any other format so it limited their success. On that format they did very well and it did enough to give her a couple medium sized hits on the urban charts. Hands Tied could've been huge with label support.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Unbreak My Bank.

I feel nothing for her. She had a string of hits there in the mid-late 90's that should be giving her royalties to live a nice comfortable life. I can't stand these celebrities who end up living way to lavish. She probably could have lived the high life for 2-3 yrs, but once the hits stopped coming she should have adjusted.

• Members

Unbreak My Bank.

I feel nothing for her. She had a string of hits there in the mid-late 90's that should be giving her royalties to live a nice comfortable life. I can't stand these celebrities who end up living way to lavish. She probably could have lived the high life for 2-3 yrs, but once the hits stopped coming she should have adjusted.

Time to pawn some of those rings. :mellow:

• Members

I bet whoever that song was about is looking more $$$ man enough now.....

She encountered the same problem most aging divas have: tried to appeal to a younger demo. She would have had modest success with just singing Diane Warren and Babyface ballads all day, remix some for the gay folks and she'd be set to go. But instead she was adamant about going for the BET 12-17, 18-25 demos that didn't support her when she came out of the gate to begin with.

• Members

She encountered the same problem most aging divas have: tried to appeal to a younger demo. She would have had modest success with just singing Diane Warren and Babyface ballads all day, remix some for the gay folks and she'd be set to go. But instead she was adamant about going for the BET 12-17, 18-25 demos that didn't support her when she came out of the gate to begin with.

Exactly! She has the voice to do that.... I really liked her back in the mid 90's when I was in my early teens. They played her stuff like crazy at every school dance it seemed.

• Members

Exactly! She has the voice to do that.... I really liked her back in the mid 90's when I was in my early teens. They played her stuff like crazy at every school dance it seemed.

Look at Celine...never tried to appeal to the young folks and she has made a very good living for herself. Vegas show, perfumes, etc. But I also bed Celine managed her finances well and also invested in stocks too.

• Members

Look at Celine...never tried to appeal to the young folks and she has made a very good living for herself. Vegas show, perfumes, etc. But I also bed Celine managed her finances well and also invested in stocks too.

Oh yeah for sure, but to be fair, Celine in her prime was 10 times the star Braxton was in her's. But, yes for sure.... if Celine hadn't have been smart it all could have went to hell for her too. It makes me sick to think how much that woman is probably worth. She'll die a billionaire if she isn't one already.

Archived