Toni Braxton Bankrupt

Sylph

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lemme guess? A TMZ ripoff complete with its own website and syndicated TV series, to roll out Fall 2011 on NewsCorp's O&O MyNetworkTV stations until they can replace Time Warner Owned TMZ with it?

---

As far as Toni goes...she should have learned her lesson the first time. I guess she was hoping this lame album would get her finances juicing. WRONG! LOL.

• Members

Her most recent album was great, but poorly promoted by her label. For some odd reason they'd only send her songs to Urban Adult Contemporary and not any other format so it limited their success. On that format they did very well and it did enough to give her a couple medium sized hits on the urban charts. Hands Tied could've been huge with label support.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Unbreak My Bank.

I feel nothing for her. She had a string of hits there in the mid-late 90's that should be giving her royalties to live a nice comfortable life. I can't stand these celebrities who end up living way to lavish. She probably could have lived the high life for 2-3 yrs, but once the hits stopped coming she should have adjusted.

• Members
She encountered the same problem most aging divas have: tried to appeal to a younger demo. She would have had modest success with just singing Diane Warren and Babyface ballads all day, remix some for the gay folks and she'd be set to go. But instead she was adamant about going for the BET 12-17, 18-25 demos that didn't support her when she came out of the gate to begin with.

• Members

Oh yeah for sure, but to be fair, Celine in her prime was 10 times the star Braxton was in her's. But, yes for sure.... if Celine hadn't have been smart it all could have went to hell for her too. It makes me sick to think how much that woman is probably worth. She'll die a billionaire if she isn't one already.

Archived