Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of October 4

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just be glad you didn't have to sit through 3 YEARS of Bregman and Damian warbling at LEAST twice a week. If it wasn't for Beth, the entire singing SL's in the 80's would have been worthless. I don't mind the actors singing, as long as theyr'e GOOD. Gina singing 2 or 3 times a year was always nice... but more often than not, these things are an epic fail. Saying that, NuNoah is FAR better than JT... I STILL cringe when I think about his "Pop star" SL. But sometimes, Antoyne, it can turn out STELLAR:

• Members

Normally hate when actors sing but nuNoah was hot. Gina scares me in general and hope they never let them sing together. Loved the show today and, again, liked how they had so many characters intereacting on one set. I see Y&R is really trying to be the trendy/artsy soap with the glam designer and bad paintings.

Maura sounded really different and seems to be ajusting her speach pattern for the role. Not sure if I like when actors do this far. She isn't speaking like Diane but, instead, copying a prior actress.

• Members

Was that an ATWT wind swoop I heard as the camera panned on Maura West? LOL at Giggly Heffa's face. That's the look you get when you enviously check out the actress who has more Emmys than you.

Still don't understand why they are fighting over Aunt Jack. I am so over that windbag these days. I wish Terry Lester were alive!

I would love to see Alex Donnelly but OTOH it is Maura. And she has a lot of screen presence. Fingers crossed.

Ugh, another fartarama art showing. Give it up, Maria.

• Members

Maura's little end entrance was pretty awkward, mainly because I thought more along the lines of Carly than Diane. Had it been Alex Donnelly or even to some extent Susan Walters showing up again the reaction would have been different. We'll see how Monday turns out.

• Members

I could deal with the art shows if I didn't have to hear everyone fawning over Daniel's artwork (which, in his defense, were better than his New York sketches). They really could have cut back on the fawning over the art director and Jeremy Scott. Instead of using Scott, they should have used a Forrester instead.

I would love it if Diane was given the chance to wipe Giggly Heffa off the floor. Rumor is

• Members

I have to admit, I am looking forward to seeing Maura as Diane. I really love Alex Donelly AND Susan Walters, so we'll see how this goes.

Thought Friday was a great episode. I am really liking NuNoah....And I definitely think he has chem with Jana!

I think I'm the only one, but I am really, really hurting for Jana lately. She's so beautiful, and I can really feel and see the pain she has over blowing it with Kevin.

• Members

Thanx for posing the vintage Y&R clip. I used YouTube to watch Kay sihn Phillip's divorce papers and was blown away. Stories aren't complex like that anymore. The writing was perfect and so was the acting. Today, a scene like that would be deemed over the top. It actually had a Twin Peaks quality with the heavy emotionalism. Never thought I'd see a link between Bell and Lynch.

MaBell would be smart to recycle some of these old scripts and play them with some of the newer actors. No one will really remember back to 1974 and it would still be better than the stories today. Hogan is good at channeling emotion though characters like Patty and Meggie but is unable to apply it to regular characters. I gotta say that vintage Kay was a SOCIOPATH. Today, people would be so critical of the car crash and say she murdered Phillip. In a few ways, Adam is the modern Kay. There are quite a few similiar traits and they share the same pathetic hopeless obsessed qualities.

Archived