Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of October 4

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man... FINALLY not only did we have a good week last week, today was perhaps the best episode all year. The Murphy/Meggie reveal was PERECTLY done, came as a TOTAL surprise, and was well written and well acted. It's about damn time they do something RIGHT. Michael Fairman has been impressing me more and more lately, and Sean Young is really on the ball. She's creepy as all hell, and her grabbing his pills was just BRUTAL. Today's reveal is how it should be DONE, it had me on the edge of my seat, and my mind racing wondering what past those two have. Murphy seemed VERY desperate to warn Victor, so you know it's gotta be heavy stuff.

• Members

Y&R (aside from the Sarah mess; Jill being a Fenmore) is still the best soap on TV; however, the show is either really good, like today, or very boring, as it was last week. I loved how the Harvest Fest was used to make so may characters interact. This was classic soap and the sort of thing that doesn't happen nearly enough. Aside from the set looking a little bit cheap, everything was perfect. I never imagined how well Adam and Ski would drive story. I could see Shy sticking around for quite a while.The Newman Fund as well as Newman possibly having to go public reminds me of of Marland's 1992 ATWT. I remember Hogan saying he studied Marland's bible and wonder if he is using some of the lessons learned. I also notice one of Marland's flaws, too many new characters are flooding the canvus. Y&R has some great talent and the show doesn't need this many characters. Certain players, such as Cloe, aren't being explored enough and are still far too one-dimensional. Hendrickson is a great talent but due to a glut of characters can't really grow. It seems as if TPTB are tossing new characters onto the canvus and waiting to see who sticks.

• Members

"YAY! BABY GURL, YAY! AWSIM!!!"

Apart from that, Y&R is attracting my attention again, thanks to Sharon & Adam, Diva Skye and Nikki's battle with the bottle.

I know. Clementine Ford transmits a soft, understated empathy in every scene she's in (unlike some others I cound mention *cough*StaffordMiller*cough*) and I think she's been given a bad rap just because she looked a little tired and wan when she first came on the show, especially next to permatanned Liz Hendricksen. Speaking of Chloe, Y&R missed a trick when they chose not to pursue a frenemyship between Mac and her; both Ford and Hendricksen played well off each other. She is a team player, too, in scenes with others.

I *HATED* JT when he first came on the show -- I viewed him like Lame: all these people leaving the show but this "bad boy" is still on my screen? Regardless, I have really warmed to him, especially when Paul took him under his wing or when he confronted FauxToria. And as for Luckinbill, he is underrated and a bonafide hottie, so I'm sure some Primetime pilot will snap him up.

• Members

Mac is supposed to be soft, kind, and understated so I quess Ford is doing an okay job. Phyllis Is supposed to be a nightmare, thus, Staford is doing her job. All of us, all to often, seem to blame/credit actors regrding characters that we like. Mac and Cheese (JT) are a boring, cheesy and overly sentimental couple. Mac's maternal urge is also strange and out of character: Rich white girls who do charity work in Darfur don't usually have babies in their early 20's. In fact, all the baby fever in Genoa City is pretty odd considering ony 34% of generation X is married and the majority of women have not bread until about age 35. Ashley having a baby right now would be more realistic considering there have seen a surge in 40 something births.

• Members

First, Paul raven... according to MarkH's twitter, his opinion on Meggie/Murphy is this and I quote: "They are off the fuc@ing hook!" And Cheap... Meggie was asked by Victor do deliver a donation check to Kay at the harvest festival (for Murphy's veterans fund charity) she walked up to the booth with Murphy having his back to her and said "I'm looking for Katherine chancellor, I have a check for her". then Murphy says "I'm her husband, will I do? then Meggie says jokingly "Can I trust you? as he turns around. Then BAM... she gets a look of horror on her face, and Murphy recognizes her and starts yelling at her. She turns and runs like the wind, and Murphy chases after her. then later, Murphy is dissapointed she got away, and is in his car calling Victor to warn him. Meggie then comes out of nowhere, wrestles the phone out of his hands and throws it out the window. They have confrontation, and Murphy starts to have chest pains, and he gets his nitro pills out of his pocket. Meggie then wrestles the pills away from him, and sits there with this EVIL mona lisa type grin on her face while Murphy is struggling in pain, begging for his pills.

• Members

Melody's really been handing in some incredible work the last couple of weeks, compelling stuff to watch. The writing has actually been balanced and well done as well. It's nice to at least have a couple of good weeks for a change. Even LAME would be a good storyline at this point, if we had a competent actress playing it. Goddard is not doing bad at all, he's just so much better when he's away form Kahlil. I still maintain that she pulls him asunder in scenes. Her brand of SUCK seems to be contagious. The more seasoned actors like Maitland, Kristoff, and previouly, Rowell... didn't get caught in her vortex of suck, but Goddard seems to be suceptible to it.

Archived